• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Did some shooting Saturday with P-Rod

Started by gdm620, June 10, 2012, 05:05:22 PM

gdm620

Did some more bench shooting Sat. at a place I like to shoot.  It was really windy and had a hard time getting the groups I like to get.  I'm not use to shooting when the wind is blowing.  Good practice though.  Below is some pics of my set up.  I made the bench and the target stand myself.  Both are very portable and solid.  All in all I had a fun time shooting.  I really love this P-Rod.  All shots are with 14.3 gr. Cosman premier Hollow Points.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

gdm620

The bottom picture is a thing I made that is metal and about 2 inches dia.  You can hear and see when you hit it.  I put a orange target on it so I can see it better at 50 yards.  It really flatten the pellets out.  They look like disc laying on the ground.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

Sir William

Colt25

quickster47 †

Great set up you have there.  But in all fairness to the P-Rod, at 50 yards you are about 15 yards past the usefullness of the gun.  It was really not designed to be a long distance shooter.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

woody67

Nice shooting!

Any mods to your p rod?

gdm620

Thanks every one.  I really like this gun.  For what it is, it does me just fine.

Quote from: quickster47 on June 11, 2012, 12:33:46 AM
Great set up you have there.  But in all fairness to the P-Rod, at 50 yards you are about 15 yards past the usefullness of the gun.  It was really not designed to be a long distance shooter.

Carl
Carl I know it best at 30 or less yards.  I won't shoot any animals more then 25 yards.  I still like how it shoots at 50 yard with the shorter barrel.  I got lucky with this one.  I didn't have any pictures but I did shoot a 100 yard target that same day and hit the 2" target once in the wind.  The other 7 shots were off to the left from the wind.  Maybe a 5 inch group.  I was doping for the wind but don't have enough experience shooting when the wind is blowing like it was.  All my distances was measured out so I know I was shooting the right distances.  It was really fun.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

gdm620

Quote from: woody67 on June 11, 2012, 03:07:58 AM
Nice shooting!

Any mods to your p rod?

It is all factory except the stock adaper that I made and the tippman 98 stock.  I adjusted the spring pressure a little to improve my shot curve.  I get 24 good 645 FPS shots on a fill.  2700 psi to about 1800 psi.  That is good for me on what I will use it for.  Squirrels and an occational pest bird.  I mostly just like to shoot.  I'm still learning the ins and outs of this gun.  So far me likey.  I have yet tried any other ammo for it.  So far the Crosman 14.3 gr.  dome and hollow point been doing fine.  I get an occational flyer from them but the price is right.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

quickster47 †

Sure sounds like you got a good barrel and that makes it a keeper.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †