• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Newbe w/Quick Question(s) - Increased report from steel breech?

Started by dmaxv, June 15, 2012, 11:22:44 PM

dmaxv

Just got the steel breech and new sight installed and have a quick question.
Does adding the new Crosman breech make the gun louder?  Took a couple quick shots yesterday afternoon and could swear it upped the volume a little.  Not the worst thing in the world, but I live in subdivision where it's not always OK to shoot something that sounds like a 22 rimfire.

So, my imagination, or did it get louder? I suck at physics.

BTW - I have lots of mod questions.  Can someone point me to a good "search tips" post?  Don't wanna bother everyone with the typical mundane newbie crud.  Looking for trigger shoe vs. new trigger, front sight options, need to repair/reassemble an old Crosman 357, etc...

Thanks and very much appreciated!
Slightly modified 2240
2289G
Tanfoglio Witness 1911

Beagleman

I dont know much about that either, I would just go with what you think. Other guys will tell you. About the modding, go onto american airgun hunter.com by Jim Chapman, e-mail him(his e-mail is there) and ask him. He will either give you a book he made, tips, etc.
***Crosman 1377***Crosman 2400kt***.......***Crosman 2200 magnum***.......***Crosman Phantom***.......***Crosman 1077***.......***Gamo Shadow Express***.......***An Old Chinese gun (I dont know the model)***.

KevinP

For the louder part   go here

http://www.tko22.com/   $ 44.00 you will be very happy ... as to mods ....  the sky it the limit ...

spend some time with the search in the upper right hand corner... it will be your best friend...
Kevin
Albany, New York

dmaxv

Thanks Beagleman & KevinP.
The ability to mod the 2240 was why I jumped on board.  And of course my centerfire pistols rarely go out.
I've looked at the TKOs as well, can definitely see one of those in the near future.
Slightly modified 2240
2289G
Tanfoglio Witness 1911

KevinP

db post....
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

DMAXV: Ya, what everyone else said, a TKO is a great investment. BTW, the .177 barrel and .22 barrels are the same O.D. so, I always get the .22 caliber TKO for my Crosmans even for my .177 calibers. That way, I can use e'm on either caliber  :-* (the noise reduction is nearly identical)

PS go to our main page and look at all the topics for mods and upgrades
Brian

dmaxv

"PS go to our main page and look at all the topics for mods and upgrades"
I'm sorry, not seeing this.  Is there a sticky for mods and upgrades under my nose that I'm too dumb to see? ???
Slightly modified 2240
2289G
Tanfoglio Witness 1911

KevinP

Quote from: dmaxv on June 16, 2012, 12:30:30 AM
"PS go to our main page and look at all the topics for mods and upgrades"
I'm sorry, not seeing this.  Is there a sticky for mods and upgrades under my nose that I'm too dumb to see? ???

The learning process is an indication of a non dumb person...

The more you look, read ... the more you learn ....

start at the top of the forum and work your way down ... read everything ....

Kevin
Albany, New York

dmaxv

Ha!
"The more you look, read ... the more you learn ...."
Learning is the easy part, it's the retention part i struggle with... ;)
Slightly modified 2240
2289G
Tanfoglio Witness 1911

KevinP

Quote from: dmaxv on June 16, 2012, 12:41:59 AM
Ha!
"The more you look, read ... the more you learn ...."
Learning is the easy part, it's the retention part i struggle with... ;)

Ha ... as you get older it's called remembering !!!  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

breakfastchef

I cannot think of any reason a steel breech would increase the report.

TKO muzzle brake is the way to go. You will think the pistol mis-fired or ran out of CO2 on your first shot.
Larry

arkmaker †

Quote from: breakfastchef on June 16, 2012, 12:58:18 AM
I cannot think of any reason a steel breech would increase the report.

TKO muzzle brake is the way to go. You will think the pistol mis-fired or ran out of CO2 on your first shot.

X2
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22