• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Good to be back

Started by Rualert, June 19, 2012, 03:45:44 AM

Rualert

After what seemed to be a massive time away I have finally made it back home to one of my favorite Airgun places on the net. CAPOF! I still have all my toys, just have not had time to even shoot them in months. They went and made me the team lead watching over 6 analyst. This led to their training, writing of many work instruction, and procedures, and you guessed it, more time than I care to admit. I'm finally getting to the light at the end of the tunnel I think, but don't want to speak too loud and jinx myself. Anyway guys, if any of you haven't tried it out yet for noise level testing, I found a nice free program that works on any Windows system named True RTA. It's a Spectrum analyzer, SPL meter, Oscilloscope, ect. The 1 octave resolution version is completely free, and for our uses, measuring how loud our toys are, it works great. I have used it with my older HP laptop it's built in mics, and the results are right in line with what I have seen from some very expensive equipment. Other than that, I have added a Scuba tank to the arsenal, and of course now it needs it's yearly visual, and I haven't even filled it twice yet! Let's hope the rest of the year will lend me some god fun time to enjoy the toys, and I'm itching to build another!

Great to hear from you all. Since I have been gone, I don't know, but has anyone heard from Packrat? I worry about him, and I lost a very good friend just a short time ago. I hope he is here and throws a good insult my way.

Carl, I may need some spare parts, so I'll keep in touch. You know some of us who live close to the East Coast should try and do a get together or two maybe this summer. I think it would be quite a blast, maybe we might even get one or two of our Europe buddies when they are on holiday!

Casey

1377x

welcome back!
glad to see you are still around!
packrat hasnt been around in some time  :( his presence is missed around here
congrats on the new position!
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Good to hear from you Casey! Glad things are going well. Hope that new position came with a big fat raise so you can buy more toys  ;)

Am very interested in that program. I have tried a couple with no real luck. Got a link? I'll google it in the meantime. Would like to see how loud the 1701P is compared to the 2240.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Rualert

Quote from: arkmaker on June 19, 2012, 04:22:53 AM
Good to hear from you Casey! Glad things are going well. Hope that new position came with a big fat raise so you can buy more toys  ;)

Am very interested in that program. I have tried a couple with no real luck. Got a link? I'll google it in the meantime. Would like to see how loud the 1701P is compared to the 2240.

Rich

As requested, the link for TruRTA:  http://www.trueaudio.com/rta_abt1.htm

Enjoy.

breakfastchef

Welcome back! There is a terrific, inexpensive iPhone app that measures SPL. It is pretty accurate. It is called dB Meter Pro.
Larry

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Cross Pistol Packer

Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Fronzdan

Seems like we've all been away forever with that downtime!  Welcome back everyone.

quickster47 †

Casey it is so very good to see your familiar signature show up in posts.  You were missed significantly but then those of us in the know understand where you have been and what has been going on.

Glad you are back and I'll be keeping my spares bin open for you.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Rualert

Thanks again all. I also have been a little bad, just picked a nice little Savage 22 rimfire. I know this is our Airgun space, but it is sometimes nice to have a powder burner or two around.

Carl, still working out what the next project might be, maybe a 25 cal HPA or PCP based off either a 2250, or maybe a Disco. Still knocking ideas around, but I think this time I want something with some serious punch.

Casey

mr007s

Hi Casey, great that you are back on board and posting. A .25 build on a Disco tube will make an excellent shooter.

Colt25

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK!