• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

pistol cases

Started by Speakersrulemyworld, June 23, 2012, 08:18:15 PM

Speakersrulemyworld

where do all you guys get pistol cases? hard sided.  My gun is 21.75" x 8"

farrlarr

Quote from: Speakersrulemyworld on June 23, 2012, 08:18:15 PM

Because of the length of your pistol, you are going to have a hard time finding a single pistol case, or even a multi-gun case, into which it will fit.  Doing a Google search, I found one case that is made for take down long guns or multiple pistols that may do the job for you.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TC6JVK/ref=asc_df_B003TC6JVK2067022?smid=A33QC64CTPJY1W&tag=shopzilla_mp_1233-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B003TC6JVK

Alternatively, you might try to find a small hardsided suitcase, at a garage sale or someplace like Walmart, that will give you enough end-to-end or corner-to-corner space and fit it with egg shell foam padding.  If you do that, you can even cut the foam to fit your pistol, making it more secure when you carry the case.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

breakfastchef

Quote from: Speakersrulemyworld on June 23, 2012, 08:18:15 PM

You are in between a pistol and rifle case at that length. DIY may be your best bet, or rummage around garage sales for a case that can be reused for your purpose. If you are not locked into a hard case, I can recommend a Thommpson Contender case from ACE Case Mfg. I have one for a pistol with similar dimensions. Outer material is heavy duty nylon with soft, well-padded interior. It really protects the gun well.

http://acecase.com/pistol-cases/
Larry

Speakersrulemyworld

I would like some hard sided

eric

i have looked high and low for something smaller than this for a reasonable price --- there are others out there but either my guns were too long or the case was too short  :P :)  so i settled for this   best bet is to look for something like a tool case(anything really) and make one
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

farrlarr

Quote from: Speakersrulemyworld on June 23, 2012, 09:27:36 PM
I would like some hard sided

Did you click the link in my message?  Is that not hard sided??

By the way, I was trying to find cases that were reasonably priced.  If you want to get into Pelikan cases, running $250+, I believe you can find cases that will fit your gun.  I simply didn't go there because of the prices.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Speakersrulemyworld

Yes, that WAS a hard sided case, but the reviews werent good at all, And I don't want to spend my money on crap.

Xgecko

That Ace case looks nice but they want more to ship it to me than they do for the case itself....I'll look locally for a Contender case that's perfect for my 1377
The earth without ART is just "eh"

Colt25

Quote from: eric on June 23, 2012, 10:38:06 PM
i have looked high and low for something smaller than this for a reasonable price --- there are others out there but either my guns were too long or the case was too short  :P :)  so i settled for this   best bet is to look for something like a tool case(anything really) and make one

I bet you could cram one more in there! Hey, wheres you screwdriver to attach the stock?

JEBert

QuoteI bet you could cram one more in there! Hey, wheres you screwdriver to attach the stock?
There is room for pellets and powerlets in there too.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

eric

Quote from: Colt25 on June 24, 2012, 06:22:22 PM
I bet you could cram one more in there! Hey, wheres you screwdriver to attach the stock?
Quote from: JEBert on June 24, 2012, 10:36:34 PM
There is room for pellets and powerlets in there too.
Cheers,
good question, and yes plenty of room for accessories --- this came from dick's sporting goods ---- probably better the the one mentioned in the link .probably the same but different  ???   --- didn't smell foul  :-X  and was clearance  :)  --- forget the price though  :-[
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

JEBert

Harbor Freight has some aluminum cases in different sizes but the last time I was there, I didn't remember to look for something large enough to fit my 1377 into.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

crossliner

Quote from: breakfastchef on June 23, 2012, 09:13:03 PM
You are in between a pistol and rifle case at that length. DIY may be your best bet, or rummage around garage sales for a case that can be reused for your purpose. If you are not locked into a hard case, I can recommend a Thommpson Contender case from ACE Case Mfg. I have one for a pistol with similar dimensions. Outer material is heavy duty nylon with soft, well-padded interior. It really protects the gun well.

http://acecase.com/pistol-cases/

What scope is that Mr. BFC?

breakfastchef

Quote from: crossliner on June 25, 2012, 02:42:15 PM
What scope is that Mr. BFC?

Leapers 4x32. Ended up selling it because it was not AO.
Larry

crossliner

Quote from: breakfastchef on June 25, 2012, 06:00:54 PM
Leapers 4x32. Ended up selling it because it was not AO.

Thank you I might do the same...Is it blurred If you aim at an object 5-10 meters away? Kindly advise. Best regards.