• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Mac-1 barrels?

Started by D-R0CK, June 27, 2012, 06:07:44 AM

D-R0CK

has anyone bought a "german match grade barrel" from mac-1 before?  ??? i'm wondering if it's really "match grade" considering the low price point. and how easy would it be to use it to replace the barel in my 2250 (2400 KT to be exact, not that it matters as far as i know)

Nightsniper52

I bought a barrel from him(wasn't a German Match Barrel) but he turns out a a very nice barrel. Lead.Crown and all Chamfers very smooth.  Tim ships fast to!!

D-R0CK

if ordered the barrel do you think he would make it 7/16 for me? thats not an OD option he lists on his site...  :-[ i would be hesitant to order from him otherwise since i don't think i have a local shop who would do it for me. AND i think sending it to a shop online would probably be more expensive than i would like... i was hoping to keep the cost under $70.00 thanks for your response(s) by the way, i'm relatively new to this and this forum is the only thing keeping my gun and it's plans together  :-X

1377x

send him an email if you want to hear an answer first hand
he posts on gta and has a gate there.maybe a post/thread there can get you a first hand answer,too.
closed mouths dont get fed

Nightsniper52

eric

the HW are match grade but he probably won't have any ,last i knew he was using LW barrels and probably not at the prices listed on his page (sorta outa date) most folks have good luck with his accuraccy prepped crosman barrels . the barrels (HW) were/are 15/16 mm barrels verses a crosman barrel --- not saying it can't be done but along with the price of the barrel (HW) it will cost money to machine it to fit a 2xxx gun
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Plekto

His response is usually "Get a LD".  There's just too much work to put a match barrel on a 2240, and it's just not an optimal platform to build a match grade pistol out of, as well.  It's a good plinker and pest control gun, but it's not the sort of thing trophies are made of.

D-R0CK

yes but rather than wait what seems like forever to afford an anschutz or a feinwerkenbau (Probably misspelled those, don't care) i can gradually improve a crosman so that i always have a good gun in the time it would take me to save otherwise. plus, there's something about having a unique gun you put together yourself.

1377x

Quote from: D-R0CK on June 28, 2012, 07:58:24 AM
yes but rather than wait what seems like forever to afford an anschutz or a feinwerkenbau (Probably misspelled those, don't care) i can gradually improve a crosman so that i always have a good gun in the time it would take me to save otherwise. plus, there's something about having a unique gun you put together yourself.
this is what i did
i wanted an af condor so i started a condor jar.i allow myself x amount of spending money a day.at the end of that day any money not spent went into the condor jar.
i would have my condor now if there wasnt so many good deals on firearms.i can buy one modded ruger 10-22 and two stock 10-22's for the price of a condor and pump/filling device.rimfire ammo is cheaper than pellets here
i have a hard time getting past a good deal on a firearm.i got a 22lr carbine not long ago for the price of a 1377 nib.i got a .380acp  shot only 6x for less than a used/refurb'd 1377
its when the jar gets near the goal that the other deals start flowing in then its back to starting over again.needless to say i quit filling the jar now because it will never get full enough to get the condor :(
closed mouths dont get fed