• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 liqiud or vapour CO2

Started by uk2240, July 05, 2012, 01:25:06 AM

uk2240

I'm trying to understand more how the pistol is deigned to work in the hope of improving my understanding so i know what best to do when it comes to mods.

is the 2240 designed to run on a more liquid or gas when it comes to the state of the co2?

What got me thinking was when i used to play paintball some markers where designed to use co2 in different states so people would use things like expansion chambers and syphon tubes.
Crosman 2240 - with GMAC trigger mods

arkmaker †

As I understand it, a 12 gram cart is about 80% full of liquid and 20% gas before piercing. Once pierced, gas escapes into the valve chamber. The liquid turns to gas in exactly the amount that is needed to bring the gas volume in the cart back to what it was before the valve was filled with gas. This happens over and over until there is no more liquid left to turn to gas. That's the simple explanation. Of course, temperature has a bit to do with it as far as increase or decrease of pressure, but basically, that is it. A bigger valve volume and a means to release all gas in the valve, means more gas charge behind the pellet or more power, less volume out = less power.

Siphon tubes are used depending on the angle of the tank. Someone will come along with a better explanation than this.......hopefully.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

eric

anti siphon tubes are used to keep liqiud from entering your valve so you're the gas from a  tank/bottle (bulk fill) ---- it helps with consistancy
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

uk2240

So sounds like the pistol prefers a more vapour mix' has anyone tried to use expantion chambers?
Crosman 2240 - with GMAC trigger mods