• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Sighting In a 1377

Started by Canam1, July 10, 2012, 03:30:40 PM

Canam1

Hello
When I received my "bubble wrapped" 1377 I noticed that the rear sight was pushed completely over to the left on the gun. I figured it had been bumped during handling and moved it to the center to start sighting in the gun. First few shots at around 30 feet were off to the right on the target. I continued to shoot and tweak the rear sights and got it to produce a pretty good pattern. Well, now the rear sight is all the way to the left again. Really looks funny and is probably caused by that wonderful plastic breech. Without really knowing how to pull the breech off I checked the screws and the front was basically loose and gave it a snug.
My question to all you pros out there is what can one do to get the things to be a little more centered or am I just dreaming? In order to remove the breech I am presuming that one pulls the bolt all the way back, remove the front and rear screws on top and then lift the breech off??
Thanks in advance
Mark

Crosshairs

The best advice to you is to get the steel breech kit from crosman and a lpa mim sight or a scope/ red dot.
                                      Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

RC1947

Quote from: Crosshairs on July 10, 2012, 03:40:21 PM
The best advice to you is to get the steel breech kit from crosman and a lpa mim sight or a scope/ red dot.
                                      Mike  8)
I agree.  It'll be much more reliably accurate, and you'll have sighting options you don't have now. RC

woody67

The stock sights ive had on all my 13xx and 22xx guns have always been crappy. They move a lot, even after really tightening things up. Ive use pieces of index cards as shims tonget it to stay, but a good quality screw should help things a bit...without having the expense of a steel breech if u dont want to buy one.

BDS

+ 3 to the steel breech and, a better screw will still be in soft plastic (the stock breech) so don't expect too much improvement there.
Brian

pirouge

what others have said is correct, get the long steel breech, follow the included instructions & mount a scope or red dot.

Fronzdan

Moving to the steel breech turns a plinker into a shooter.