• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Sadly, my new 2300

Started by MartyinNJ, July 12, 2012, 02:00:15 AM

MartyinNJ

As a newbie, I hate to start off with my tale of woe, but here goes.

I received my 2300 in .22 cal (slightly modified 2240)  from the Crosman custom shop. Problem #1 is that the LPA sight was not in the box even though it was listed as shipped on the packing slip. After a couple calls and a couple weeks, Crosman said it will be shipped when it is back in stock.

Problem #2 is the front of the  frame. It seems to be made  in a two part mold. The seam on my gun was so rough and has excess metal where the fingers grip the frame that I had to file and sand it smooth.  Looks crumby with the paint sanded off but feels nice and smooth now.

Wonder if anyone else has had similar seam problems with their guns.

Thanks to the forum for letting me vent but as Joe Friday would say these are "just the facts"

Regards,
Marty

chongman

Hey Marty, sorry to hear about your 2300 order not being right.  It makes me kinda nervous as I'm in my 5th week and have the same rear sight option  :(  Every time I call (once a week) they will never tell me anything other that "it's being worked on".
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

thats terrible!
custom shop guns are supposed to have the mold marks removed
i would have sent it back,but you worked it.i am guessing you didnt want to go through the hoops returning it
closed mouths dont get fed

jdub

I recently picked up a used 2300S in excellent condition.   This is the high-end model that typically retails for around $250-$260.  I spent quite a bit of time with a file and dremel cleaning up the casting in the grip frame just to make the side panel sit flush.  It was about 3/32" proud of the frame when I got it and that extra space just made the sear and trigger wobble more.  Not good. 

So no, unfortunately it's not just you but I'm sorry it happened to you.  I would have returned it but sometimes you just get into trying to fix it and don't realize until it's too late that you've crossed the line on being able to get a refund.  Been there.  The good news is that the parts are cheap and they're easy to work on.  This might be a good time to put that other grip frame on it that others are recommending.  The one with the nicer trigger--can't remember what it comes from.

Because I paid around half retail for mine I didn't mind working on it to make the pieces fit right but it's a lot different when you pay retail and then have to go through the custom shop wait to boot.  There's no good excuse for not including that sight either.  That's just sloppy.

woody67

All of that is true, but you are still buying a retail gun and not a custom gun when younorder from the ccs. Yes, you are specifying which parts you want and how you want them, but they are still factory issued parts that are put together. I would not expect a better frame than a store bought 22xx or 13xx, however i would have thought crosman would at least make sure simple things like rough edges would be perfectly smoothed before they were painted.

...want it done right? Do it yourself...

jdub

Quote from: woody67 on July 12, 2012, 04:17:57 AM
...want it done right? Do it yourself...
What he said.

The good news is that even if it's not quite a pretty as it was it's a great pistol with a LOT of potential!  Hopefully it'll ease the pain a bit when you get finally get the sight.

Fronzdan

Yeah I have 5 or 6 frames...a couple were on custom shop guns, one is a p-rod frame, the rest from standard retail guns.  ALL have the seams.  The only difference between any of them is the p-rod frame's paint is a little better/different...more matte looking and durable.

Since you sanded it down, why not go all the way and make a "silver" frame?  I'll be attempting that soon.  I can tell you sanding down the barrel band and it's seams was pretty easy and turns out nice.