• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

I was worried about the 2300S being ammo sensitive...

Started by jdub, July 13, 2012, 07:06:07 AM

jdub

I had read several 2300S reviews, including the very positive writeup on Pyramyd's blog, and a few of them mentioned the difficulty of loading pellets.  I believe one of them totally abandoned wadcutters altogether.

I'm very happy to report that my new (used) 2300S likes just about everything I've fed it.  I don't know if it's the luck of the draw or if the loading port on mine was tweaked as some point.  I haven't taken the receiver off to look.

It absolutely loves H&N Match Pistol, RWS Meisterkugeln Pistol, RWS Hobbies, RWS R-10 Match, Crosman Competition Wadcutters, and Daisy Precision Max Wadcutters.  It also does really well with the domed JSB Match Exacts.   If I'm not paying attention the Crosman Premier Hollowpoint lights will tip sideways but if I'm careful they work fine--I think they're a little tougher because they're shorter than the other pellets.

Anyway, I normally shoot H&N Match Pistols and the Meisterkugelns wadcutters in my Izyy and 717 so it'll be nice being able to use those same pellets.  I'm really enjoying this 2300S! 

1377x

its nice to have a gun that gobbles up everything
i have a barrel that likes everything but RWS Meisterkugeln
those daisy precision max wadutter pellets are cheap, soft and dirty but shoot great out of my guns
closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

Sometimes all the parts of the pistol get into synch and you get a terrific shooter. You are shooting world-class pellets, too! You hve a great combination of factors working to your advantage.
Larry

jdub

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 13, 2012, 02:25:04 PM
You are shooting world-class pellets, too! ...
It wasn't until I got the Izzy and started comparing pellets that I realized what a huge difference the brand and model of pellet have on accuracy.    I bought quite a few different kinds for testing.  I don't have thousands and thousands of pellets in a stash but I do try to keep a bunch of different kinds around for testing.  The majority of my airguns are .177, which makes testing pellets easier.

(there are some .22 and .20 cal pellets on the left)

BDS

My 2300KT with an LW barrel is due here soon, I'm anxious to see what it likes being a choked barrel ???

If I'm lucky, it will like Gamo Match, I have cans of e'm and they shoot great in many of my guns. Still, the round nose tend to load easier in most 2XXX guns.

The problem with most el-cheapo pellets is... one tin shoots great another not so much. It's more about mfg consistency and repeatability than the actual pellet in this case.
Brian