• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Life is Good.

Started by jdub, July 13, 2012, 09:35:40 PM

jdub

RB Grips, Sportsman model.  They look and feel great!  Ralph really does nice work.

I haven't decided for sure yet, but I may order a set of the Target model for this 2300S and put these on a different pistol.   I really like the thumb shelf he did on the 717 target grips and it looks like the target version of his 22XX grips have that same shelf.   These might work better for an all-around plinker like a 2240 (that will probably end up in my collection soon :)).  Either way they're great grips!

RC1947

Outstanding!  Your pistol looks sensational. RC

Fronzdan

Nice!  I just placed an order with Ralph myself. I agree, the Target model has a better thumb shelf for target shooting.  I ordered that for my 1701p.  The Sportsman set I have on it now will go back to the 2240 I stole em off.

Crosshairs

Love it looks real nice :-* Ralph sure is good at what he does.
                           Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

nice!
congrats on the new grips
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

jdub

Thanks guys!

I just ordered a set of Target style grips for the same gun.  I'll see which I like the best.  There's certainly nothing wrong with these and they look great, but I'll try the Target style and see which ones allow me the best hold.  Cool stuff!

AZAG

Those are good looking grips, and surely a better feel than the stock plastic ones.  Enjoy!!

chongman

Very nice grips dude :-*

Not to hijack the thread but I see you have a Williams rear site.  Do you/are you having a problem with pulling the bolt to the rear and keeping from busting a knuckle?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

jdub

Quote from: chongman on July 14, 2012, 07:11:33 PM
Not to hijack the thread but I see you have a Williams rear site.  Do you/are you having a problem with pulling the bolt to the rear and keeping from busting a knuckle?
It's not perfect but I have it mounted pretty far back so when I pull the bolt all the way back it kind of stops where the sight starts.  I just use a finger on the front of the bolt to pull it though.  If I were to grab the bolt between thumb and finger like I normally would there'd probably be little blood drops on the sight from a scraped up thumb.  :)

chongman

Cool, thanks for the word  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

farrlarr

Quote from: jdub on July 14, 2012, 01:04:27 AM
Thanks guys!

I just ordered a set of Target style grips for the same gun.  I'll see which I like the best.  There's certainly nothing wrong with these and they look great, but I'll try the Target style and see which ones allow me the best hold.  Cool stuff!

You got a great set of grips, and will like the target grips even better if the thumb shelf is a factor.  The ones on my custom 2240 fit great and allow for a really nice hold.  For what it is worth, I got the satin finish on mine instead of the glossy finish; in my opinion, that helps the hold a bit.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

jdub

These turned out to be a bit a little too thick for my short fingers.  Ralph is sending out a pair of target style early this week that are supposed to be a little slimmer so I think this pair will go up for sale on one of the forums.  I pulled them off last night and put the stock grips back on.  It's hard to go back to plastic after having nice wood on there  :)

KevinP

Quote from: jdub on July 16, 2012, 08:24:46 PM
These turned out to be a bit a little too thick for my short fingers.  Ralph is sending out a pair of target style early this week that are supposed to be a little slimmer so I think this pair will go up for sale on one of the forums.  I pulled them off last night and put the stock grips back on.  It's hard to go back to plastic after having nice wood on there  :)

:)  Life is good ....   :-* :-\
Kevin
Albany, New York