• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

It had to be done--I have .22 pellets to use up!

Started by jdub, July 17, 2012, 09:18:48 PM

jdub

So I have this stack of .22 pellets on my bench that are just sitting there.  They're for my Benjamin 392 but since I got an old Sheridan Blue Streak the Benji is collecting dust and it's my *only* .22 call airgun.  Something had to be done.  So I just ordered a 2240 to use up those pellets.  :)

I was torn between the 2240, a 2300KT with the .22 barrel, or a 1322.  Just getting the 2300KT with the barrel and a long steel breech is probably the best deal--a little nicer trigger and a little cheaper than a 2240 + steel breech, but who wants to wait for the custom shop when I can get a 2240 in two days with free shipping from Amazon.  So the 2300KT was dropped pretty quickly.

The 2240 versus 1322 choice was a little harder.  I love the idea of a self-contained air gun.  In fact my recent 2300S acquisition is my only CO2 gun and I have managed to steer clear of PCPs altogether.  I have pumpers and springers.  Old school and stubborn I guess.  I took another look at my current little group of pistols and all but the 2300S are pumpers--either single or multi-so I decided to go with a second CO2 gun.

I can't wait to start tearing it apart and rebuilding!  Tweaking, adding parts, and tuning these things is as much fun as shooting them!   Next purchase will be a steel breech but I'm not in a hurry on that one.  I'll probably just clean it up, work on the trigger, and shoot it for a while.  I might even get another TKO LDC before the breech.   :)

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

RC1947

The 2240 is an excellent air pistol, and with a couple of slight modifications (eg. trigger work) it can be a superb shooter.  Good move! RC

sandpiper

Yup, I went through the same torture deciding which to buy. I went with the CCS 2300KT but couldn't take the wait so bought a 1322 and absolutely love it  :-*  Good luck with that 2240.

arkmaker †

Good for you! Stock up on Co2 cart and pick up more pellets at the same time!!  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

jdub

Quote from: arkmaker on July 18, 2012, 02:55:04 AM
Good for you! Stock up on Co2 cart and pick up more pellets at the same time!!  :-*
I have *lots* of .22 pellets.  That's what pushed me over the edge.  I just got a few dozen CO2 carts for my 2300S so that should hold me for a week or two  :)

jdub

The 2240 arrived today.   Free overnight shipping--turns out there's an Amazon distribution center close by so a lot of the time the free two day shipping thing turns into free overnight.  :)

Changed the trigger spring and put guides in place.  Polished and shimmed. 

Installed the muzzle brake from my 2300S and a red dot on intermounts I had lying around.

This thing is a lot louder than I expected.  No indoor shooting until I get an LDC.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York