• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 357w, worth it?

Started by D-R0CK, July 19, 2012, 01:57:58 AM

D-R0CK

i've been looking for a pellet pistol with a rifled barrel and both single and double action capability, with at least a little accuracy, the 357 seems like a great candidate, any other suggestions?

1377x

i would probably go for a 38t or 38c
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

Quote from: D-R0CK on July 19, 2012, 01:57:58 AM
i've been looking for a pellet pistol with a rifled barrel and both single and double action capability, with at least a little accuracy, the 357 seems like a great candidate, any other suggestions?

I put a laser on mine, shoots good !!!
Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

Yep the Crosman 357 is a fun shooter for sure and price is not bad at all. One of mine is over 20 years old and still like to shoot it.
                                     Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

farrlarr

I recommend the 357W.  It really is pretty accurate, if you find the pellets yours likes to shoot, and is a kick to shoot.  Be sure to buy extra cylinders because interrupting your shooting to reload the cylinder is a pain.  Of course, extra CO2 cartridges and pellets are essential because you will go through them like grease through a goose.  I originally mounted one of the cheap Daisy red dots on mine but wasn't happy with the really bright and rather large dot.  I now have an AfterMath red dot on it and it works quite well.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

BDS

For a new purchase, +1 to the other comments  :-*

The 38C and T are no longer made, you would have to chase e'm down on the web.
Brian

Fronzdan

If you want a nice double/single action pellet pistol you cannot go wrong with a S&W 586/686 from umarex. I have the 686 and it is very accurate and well made.  I have a Crosman 357 too, and while it is pretty accurate as well it's a toy compared to the Umarex. Of course the latter is lot more $$ too.

BDS

Quote from: Fronzdan on July 19, 2012, 08:20:42 PM
If you want a nice double/single action pellet pistol you cannot go wrong with a S&W 586/686 from umarex. I have the 686 and it is very accurate and well made.  I have a Crosman 357 too, and while it is pretty accurate as well it's a toy compared to the Umarex. Of course the latter is lot more $$ too.

+1 to that, mine is THE most accurate multi-shot pistol I own, by far and away, excellent quality and assembly too.  :-*  :-*  :-*
Brian

1377x

i had a 357. you know the little rubber piece that keeps the barrel closed? well it kept breaking put a new piece in there and got rid of it
dont have to worry about that with the 38t and 38c.they can be found pretty easily on various ag forum classifieds

pirouge

crosman 357's are like their 1377's & 2240's, their classic's, I would not hesitate to buy anyone of them. I shoot both a modified 1377 carbine and a 2240, their with me till the grave, enough said.

arkmaker †

Now ya'all know I like the 357  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

thats a cool one!
does the ldc work good? i know air gets out from the cylinder

arkmaker †

I don't own that one anymore. Sold it  :(
The LDC worked a little, but really needed more length to be truly effective. It did however take the "edge" off so I could shoot in the back yard.

The 357 is almost as loud as the 2240. I have another one in peices that will be tuned to be close to that one. That one had the 7 inch 7/16" OD barrel in it. Pretty accurate to!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

my 357 was loud as sin!
my neighbors across the street would come over to see what i was shooting every time i brought it out.and im shooting in the backyard
the accustoms shroud i got from woody sure tamed down my 2240

D-R0CK

anyone know anything about the t4?