• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Lighter valve spring 1377?

Started by ham484, July 20, 2012, 01:24:14 AM

ham484

I want a lighter valve spring in my 1377.I know most will say take the spring out and go to a store and size it up.
What i was wondering is does anyone know a part number for a spring from lowes, home depot, or a online retailer where i can order this mod from/
HAM

1377x

i dont have a part number ,i used the spring from my trigger/sear and found a lighter trigger spring
there is a post somewhere here with spring part numbers if it made the transition
try searching spring part numbers from the main page of the forum,we should sticky this kind of stuff
closed mouths dont get fed

akula8608

I've got 1 for you. pm me and we can work out the det
ails
U.S. Navy Submarine Force 1986-2008

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on July 20, 2012, 01:53:02 AM
i dont have a part number ,i used the spring from my trigger/sear and found a lighter trigger spring
there is a post somewhere here with spring part numbers if it made the transition
try searching spring part numbers from the main page of the forum,we should sticky this kind of stuff

You don't have a part number readily available from memory?  :D

I will have to go to the store and do some sizing up on my own?  >:(

Do my own leg-work? What kinda forum is this?  :D  ;D
Brian

1377x

i was just at ace and it slipped my mind went with someone else so their was distraction

millipede

ive used a spring from a coffee maker with excellent results..  it's the spring that holds the flow closed when you pull the pot away. ive also found some good ones in spray bottles and certain pens

or you can just go to the hobby or hardware store and try to find one...

RC1947

You can save yourself the running around and guessing by using your fingers to compress the length of the stock spring.  Mark the stock length on a piece of paper, and after compressing, shoot for about 1/8" shorter length. RC

1377x

another thing you can do is mod the check valve.gotta be careful and dont heat it up it might distort
heres a pic of an accustoms modded check valve on the left.it makes pumping easier and a little more air volume.the valve will dump air like a lighter spring is in it