• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

lost the safety spring a ball.

Started by ham484, July 26, 2012, 06:02:08 AM

ham484

:-X i have taken this gun apart a few times and never lost the safety spring and ball.
Its not a big deal but i would like for everything to work properly. I know this won't be my last time loosing them.
so where can i get this in bulk like 10 of each dirt cheap. i have seen some 3/32" steel bearings on ebay.
is this what i need?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-3-32-inch-Diameter-Chrome-Steel-G25-Deep-Groove-Radial-Ball-Bearings-/130572871258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e66bfe65a#ht_500wt_922
HAM

Nightsniper52

Go get a Key Chain made of a string of them,Also IIRC #6 birdshot from a Shotgun shell......Dont forget the Super Glue!!   :-*

RC1947

Most hardware stores around here sell small ball bearings that will work, you might want to check locally. RC

bradpsu

Here's what I ordered when mine went flying off into oblivion.....now I have plenty of spares!  And these work great:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMYHTS/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

JEBert

Ham,
Yes, 3/32" ball bearings and springs from under the flint in a disposable cigarette lighter cut to length.
However, I find it MUCH easier to just take the trigger frame off of the air tube before taking the cover off of the trigger and putting the cover back on before putting the frame back on the tube.  Trying to put the safety ball and spring back in while the trigger frame is on the air tube drives me nuts no matter how many ball bearings and springs I have on hand.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

ham484

:) and you know what i did that before,i just thought i was being careful. LOL i felt something hit my finger  :-X and i just put my head down shaking it. saying i know that didn't just happen.
HAM

jdub

Quote from: JEBert on July 27, 2012, 05:05:08 AM
I find it MUCH easier to just take the trigger frame off of the air tube before taking the cover off of the trigger and putting the cover back on before putting the frame back on the tube. 
Agreed.

Bike shops have old Shimano pedal bearings (3/32").  Cheap (free in my case).

ham484

HAM

pirouge

my cat found the last one I lost on the floor, my advice, get extras

Fronzdan

1377x

since i have to go to the shop in the am im going to pick up a few stock springs and balls
forgot my gun had a safety in it none of my other guns do
when i took the frame off the tube ,the safety spring landed on the top of my head and i heard the ball hit the fence.
yes it was so nice i had to work outside
next time ill put it in a bag when i take it apart again
closed mouths dont get fed

ham484

cool shot me a pm when you get them.
HAM

mudduck48

Hi; mudduck48 here. I found where you can get the spring ball real easy. The 3/32 ball is the same size that Associated uses in the RC10T ball differential. Part number is ASC6581. On ebay look for Associated 6581 diff balls and you will get 12 carbide balls for $8.99 with free shipping. They also sell ceramic ball for a little more money. Associated sells remote control cars and trucks. Just thought you all might like to know. Thank you for your time.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

PC77

es, 3/32" ball bearings and springs from under the flint in a disposable cigarette lighter cut to length.
However, I find it MUCH easier to just take the trigger frame off of the air tube before taking the cover off of the trigger and putting the cover back on before putting the frame back on the tube.  Trying to put the safety ball and spring back in while the trigger frame is on the air tube drives me nuts no matter how many ball bearings and springs I have on hand.
Cheers,
[/quote]

That is a great tip! :-* I went though this a week ago i have a ball from a ball chain right now. I bought 100 balls off eBay for under 6.00 shipped. I like to carry extra parts in my bag so i have been collecting springs, o-rings, screws and etc.
pc