• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

It Works-Laser Bore Sight

Started by Canam1, July 27, 2012, 03:23:48 PM

Canam1

Hello All,
I spotted a Center Point Laser Bore Sight Kit at my local Wally World and decided to give it a try. A few days ago I set up a target at around 30 feet and after a few shots from my 1377 saw that my grouping was all within a 2 inch circle. Problem was that the pocket was all up and to the right. Well, I got the bore sight going and set up the same torn up target and sure enough, the laser was dead center on the pocket. I moved the gun's sight around to get the horizontal centered and wound up having to set the notch at the bottom limit which was just right. The gun is spot on now. You point, shoot and actually hit what you are aiming at. Nice little device. I'll have to check out my 761XL when I get a chance.
One other update is that Crosman finally notified me that my breech kit is on the way. I am glad that I am not in a hurry. They are a bit slow at processing orders, but then I am not the only fish in the sea and they are probably busier than heck.

Mark

RC1947

Never tried one of those.  Sounds like it worked well for you. RC

Canam1

Price was reasonable. I have read were the bore sights will get one in the ball park and then you have to fine tune, but it worked spot on for me. Took a little fiddling to get the adapter snug in the bore, but once I got that done it was easy sailing.

JMJinNC

They are very helpful. I made one specifically for my 1377. I used a .1740" gauge pin pressed into an aluminum rod. The rod is bored out, and a cheap laser pointer installed, centered with 2 sets of 3 set-screws. I use a thumbscrew to activate the power button on the laser pointer. The end of the gauge pin is chamfered & buffer smooth so I don't scratch the barrel. The rear of the aluminum rod is tapered.

Getting the laser centered to the gauge pin is a bit tricky (spin the gauge pin in a v-block & check laser point positioning at 2 different distances) , but once set you're good to go until the batteries are dead.

Hokey, but works like a champ! Very helpful for getting your scope or sight close to bore before heading outside to the "range".

JMJ

John

grumpy

Thats a really cool laser Jmj !