• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Just an observation...

Started by jdub, August 04, 2012, 01:20:07 AM

jdub

A 1322 with a 7-1/2" TKO LDC pumped 10 times is ridiculously indoor friendly!

It sounds as though you've cocked and fired the gun without pumping.  The hammer spring is pretty much what you hear. 

New project.  More to come.

(It's also ridiculously long! :))

1377x

cool!
thats a long ldc! i think its the longer the better(no pun intended)
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

jdub

sbcrockett

I'm glad you didn't mispell pun...

seriously, thanks for the feedback about the LDC. I need to get something to quiet down my 1377. It's way louder than I expected.

How much did TKO charge? And how long of a barrel did you put on it?

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on August 04, 2012, 01:28:31 AM
uhh, should I say it?  :D
;D ;D
i wanted to but left it alone
wheres bds? i know he will say it ;)

prices and lengths listed here
www.tko22.com

jdub

Quote from: sbcrockett on August 04, 2012, 03:19:35 AM
seriously, thanks for the feedback about the LDC. I need to get something to quiet down my 1377. It's way louder than I expected.

How much did TKO charge? And how long of a barrel did you put on it?
This 1322 I bought used came with the stock barrel and a 12" MellonAir which is what is needed for the LDC.  I bought a 7.5" LDC from TKO instead of the 6.5" because originally I had intended it for the very loud 2240 with a stock 7.5" barrel.  If I was buying for a 1322/1377 I'd get the 6.5".  I even slid this 7.5" LDC back onto the barrel as far as it would go (about twice as far as necessary) and it had the same effect.   It looks crazy long with my combination but fortunately the LDC is very light.  I'll post pics later.

TKO charges $44 + shipping.  He's pretty fast at getting them out too.  This is my second--I have a 6.5" .177 on my 2300S and it transformed it from a daytime only outdoor gun to one I can shoot in the living room at night without disturbing anyone.  I ordered mine with a 6-32 hole tapped in the end for a front sight, as have a few others.  Just let him know when you order.

A big unknown for me is how the LDC will hold up to all the pumping.  There's a lot more stress on it then there would be on a CO2 gun.  I shoot indoors so usually pump between 3 to 5 times so I'll just be very careful.

1377x

the ldc should hold up on a 13xx gun
unless your banging and bumping the barrel as you are pumping.if thats the case you might want a co2/hpa gun
i had a mellonair muzzlebrake/self internals on my 13xx gun,never had an issue until it fell off a chair re-centered it and start shooting
there is over 100 notches on that gun. some of the notches had buddies that wondered to long about what happened to their bud. they found out the hard way

Tater

$44 plus shipping to go on a $56 gun (1377) seems kind of steep.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

Quote from: Tater on August 04, 2012, 09:37:33 AM
that it does
but can you really put a price on happiness
our $60 guns turn into $200-$300 guns real quick and still have the quality of a $60 gun

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on August 04, 2012, 09:47:44 AM
that it does
but can you really put a price on happiness
our $60 guns turn into $200-$300 guns real quick and still have the quality of a $60 gun

Lol, true.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

sbcrockett

Quote from: Tater on August 04, 2012, 09:37:33 AM

i look at it as a cheap way to be able to shoot in my backyard without raising my neighbor's suspicions. plus, i've seen other air strippers and shrouds that cost more than twice as much without that much of a reduction in sound.

once I decide which barrel to get, i'll be buying one.

@ jdub, yes, please post up some pics when you have a chance.

jdub

Quote from: sbcrockett on August 04, 2012, 08:01:15 PM
i look at it as a cheap way to be able to shoot in my backyard without raising my neighbor's suspicions.

@ jdub, yes, please post up some pics when you have a chance.
I agree.  If you have a CO2 pistol and shoot indoors I'd get the LDC *before* the steel breech.  In my situation it's almost mandatory.   On the 1322 I'm having second thoughts:

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,7964.0.html

And a pic:

sbcrockett

oooooo! thank you! looks sharp! how far in do you seat the ldc on the barrel? I'm thinking of picking up the 12 inch barrel from mellonair. would that be enough to attach to? did you just use the stock barrel band or get a new one?

Thanks for the info, JDUB!

btw, my wife likes the apothecary/drawer cabinet in the background of your pic. and she thinks the gun is okay too.  :)

BigErn

Jdub that gun is WOW!  :-*  Love the carbon fiber. And sbcrockett you don't need much barrel room to put the TKO.