• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

best places to live

Started by sandpiper, August 05, 2012, 12:32:04 AM

sandpiper

My wife and I are considering moving in a few years once the kids are out of high school. Probably staying in the states to be near the kids but who knows. Looking for a firearm friendly state, open land but safe from major storm areas, people who aren't rude and who's politicians are liberty minded. I know that's probably fantasy land but any suggestions are welcome  :)

sbcrockett

Crosshairs

I know im going up state NY soon it's much nicer up there then down here and laid back.
                                         Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Serpents Den

where in upstate are you moving to, Mike?

sandpiper

Tater

Anywhere ut here in Illinois.   ???
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Crosshairs

Quote from: Serpents Den on August 05, 2012, 01:39:13 AM
where in upstate are you moving to, Mike?
Way up about 30 miles south of Rochchester a small town called Lima it's only 20 mins from the Crosman factory. I love it up there it's so peaceful.
                                                                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Tater

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 05, 2012, 01:57:01 PM
Way up about 30 miles south of Rochchester a small town called Lima it's only 20 mins from the Crosman factory. I love it up there it's so peaceful.
                                                                      Mike

Small world. Growing up I lived in Fairport for 4 years and Pittsford for a year. I'm still a Crosman guy, never owned a Daisy.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

cheewee

just had a bunch of family come over from Australia for a wedding and they had a ball shooting my airguns and powder burners. blew there mind that i could own such things and just step out side and shoot them. then when i took them to the range where they coild rent a pistol for $10 they just could not get enough and they happily shot away for hours. it was the highlight of there trip, other then my daughters wedding i hope :)
just made me appreciate how lucky i am and how blessed i am in my new adopted country the good old USA.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

sandpiper

Quote from: cheewee on August 05, 2012, 07:39:44 PM
just had a bunch of family come over from Australia for a wedding and they had a ball shooting my airguns and powder burners. blew there mind that i could own such things and just step out side and shoot them. then when i took them to the range where they coild rent a pistol for $10 they just could not get enough and they happily shot away for hours. it was the highlight of there trip, other then my daughters wedding i hope :)
just made me appreciate how lucky i am and how blessed i am in my new adopted country the good old USA.

Makes you scratch your head and say what the ......

1377x

i like the dakotas
friendly people
right now north dakota has a housing shortage but jobs galore.oil boom state
a guy never picked up a hammer or any other tool in his life is clearing $30 an hour working as a carpenter but went to college as a science major
the other good thing is plenty of shooting space and one can own full auto machine guns and supressers.at least that how it was a few years ago.i doubt anything changed
closed mouths dont get fed