• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What is it about air guns ?

Started by Crosshairs, August 05, 2012, 01:40:30 PM

1377x

i used to shoot my pb's indoors. not anymore didnt realize the harm of all the smoke left behind each shot.my bullet trap is heavy duty i can fire a 7mm into it all day and not leave a dent.what i cant/wont do is breath all that after burn
now i cant shoot my airguns indoors but can shoot them outside with very little noise
closed mouths dont get fed

RC1947

Yeah, not having to leave the house/yard makes AGs a big plus for me.  I like to shoot, and do so pretty much every day. RC

Crosshairs

Quote from: RC1947 on August 07, 2012, 12:57:23 AM
Yeah, not having to leave the house/yard makes AGs a big plus for me.  I like to shoot, and do so pretty much every day. RC
I try to shoot every day too just cant pass it up.
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BDS

Growing up with powder-burners and with a stint in the USMC and elsewhere, all with guns as the primary tools, it gave me a ton o' exposure to the original models like 1911s and Model 70s and S&W 27's & 29s, and  on and on.

Now.. in these "costs more to run e'm" days for PBs and with the original guns having been thru my hands at least once, I am liking the reproduction airguns more and more and... also appreciating the finer airguns like Weihrauch, Daystate, Walther and FX just because of their superb accuracy and craftsmanship.

All that said... an airgun also makes the kid in us come out and "play".  :-*
Brian

1377x

BDS

Thx "Bucky" and... what's news with your projects? 2240 mods right?
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on August 09, 2012, 03:07:48 PM
Thx "Bucky" and... what's news with your projects? 2240 mods right?
;D ;D
nothing yet i should go home today and wotk on the conversion to 2250b im feeling beat though to much activity this week.rest today ,have an appt tomorrow.i'll spend saturday doing the conversion.if i have time might be doing some cooking that day

KevinP

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 05, 2012, 01:40:30 PM
Ok we all are grown men so what is it about air pushing a metal object down a tube so addicting. Whats your take on this ?
                                        Mike  8)

are you sure ????  I for one refuse to do it ... !!!! nope .... never .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Warpspasm

My personal reason for picking up an air gun is trigger time too. I now shoot every day with a pistol that I find incredibly accurate and cheap to shoot.
Dolor Temporarius
Gloria Aeterna
Cicatrices Virginibus Placent

woody67

I just like to shoot. Pellet guns are simple and easy, you can shoot them pretty much anywhere there is open space. They aren't loud, they don't make your ears ring or all the animals in a 3 mile radius scatter every time you pull the trigger. You can get insane power with just a bit of air...that's pretty freaking amazing in itself. Plus the accuracy and ability to apply such force and power to something so far away and with such precision is a pretty amazing feeling. Every perfect shot is like a master plan culminating and materializing at the exact moment it was meant to, unfolding without a hitch and synergistically delivering the results you so valiantly strived for.
Ok, so I hit the volcano but I didn't have my coffee yet. Sorry for the ramble..... :D

Crosshairs

Great points Woody i also think it's more fun hunting with a air gun maybe im wrong but i think it takes a bit more or a different kind of skill, and this is another shooting skill to learn. Like most of us said i love to shoot,i always did and always will. Not to metion all the cool people we meet with this hobby. :-*
                                         Mike  8)

BDS

Waiting for server to load pics... back soon
Brian

RUSTER

Menaldi CO2,Leapers 6x9x50,utg bipod
KAFEMA .177 (1960 MOD)
Crosman 1377
Crosman 417,Shilba 4x32
QB57,Tasco 3x9x40

Crosshairs

Colt25

I like the fact that they are quiet, powerful, and give my 100 yard gong a smack down before it heard the shot!
I havn't got the airgun bug lately. Sorry about the MIA action. I got yet another hobby. Knives...