• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My other weekend find

Started by sandpiper, August 06, 2012, 03:58:10 AM

sandpiper

I've been thinking about getting a 1377 and have been seeing one on Craigslist for over a month now so I figured, what the heck. Turns out the guy is an ebay store guy and doesn't want to sell gun related stuff because he already got his hand slapped for doing it so he went to Craigslist. Check it out, a brand new in the package pumpmaster Classic for $25.00

I couldn't wait to dig in so I took a few shots then went to work completely stripping it. No major mods yet but lubed everything, stripped and polished the tube, barrel, hammer, end cap and bolt handle. 

1377x

congrats!
you didnt waste any time on that one!
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

Quote from: 1377x on August 06, 2012, 04:07:18 AM
congrats!
you didnt waste any time on that one!

Nope, I was dying to get into this one. Picked it up around 5:00 today (est) had it apart, on the buffer, oiled and back together by 8:30. That includes driving time and eating dinner  :-* It's nice to have a workbench with all your tools layed out and a buffer ready to go out in the garage  :)

joe k

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Crosshairs

Nice find John and as always you have made a nice gun look better. Congrats on a great deal. :-*
                              Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BigErn

Awesome find Piper! That polish sure looks good buddy.

RC1947

You sure got a great deal.  Nice score. RC

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

Very good deal.  Does the seller have any more?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

sandpiper

Quote from: Tater on August 06, 2012, 05:39:55 PM
Very good deal.  Does the seller have any more?

I told him to keep me in mind. Especially with the Crosman stuff. I have no doubt he'll get more.

Fronzdan

If he threw in FT valve and piston, an LW barrel and maybe Michael Chavka custom furniture, you could have traded him the Cartman first edition.

Nice find, man!  And beautiful polish job!  How do get the stamped lettering polished out??!  That's a killer.

sandpiper

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 06, 2012, 06:40:33 PM
If he threw in FT valve and piston, an LW barrel and maybe Michael Chavka custom furniture, you could have traded him the Cartman first edition.

Nice find, man!  And beautiful polish job!  How do get the stamped lettering polished out??!  That's a killer.

Wet sanded all pieces then to the buffer wheel with #1 then #5 polish. I actually wanted the  black to stay in the letters. For best results use paint stripper. Mike (crosshairs) polish jobs look amazing. I'm still an amatuer  :)

Crosshairs

Quote from: sandpiper on August 06, 2012, 06:56:57 PM
Wet sanded all pieces then to the buffer wheel with #1 then #5 polish. I actually wanted the  black to stay in the letters. For best results use paint stripper. Mike (crosshairs) polish jobs look amazing. I'm still an amatuer  :)
Thanks John that was nice of you but you do a fine job and not a amature at all i seen the 760 you did that was you right lol.
                                                                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

sandpiper

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 06, 2012, 07:50:49 PM
Thanks John that was nice of you but you do a fine job and not a amature at all i seen the 760 you did that was you right lol.
                                                                 Mike

Yup, it was me. It's the damn perfectionist coming out in me  ;)