• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Rescued 1377 lives again

Started by 7624452, August 09, 2012, 10:25:48 AM

1377x

yep phase 2 the grip frame was different on a phas1 it was the 130/150 style wrap around grip
closed mouths dont get fed

The serial number indicates it was made in August 1985.  I forgot to check that previously.
Stranded in California.

1377x

Crosshairs

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 11, 2012, 03:22:13 AM
I know!  Seriously man, I hope to someday do a polish job that nicely.  I just finished my first...well the frame and the barrel.  I used a Cothran tube.  Only the RJ breech is black still.  It was a lot of work!
Thanks very much it is a time thing not that it takes long just don't rush and take your time. Use emery paper not sand paper i use three or four different grits ending with 1600 or there abouts.
                                                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Fronzdan

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 11, 2012, 01:43:45 PM
Thanks very much it is a time thing not that it takes long just don't rush and take your time. Use emery paper not sand paper i use three or four different grits ending with 1600 or there abouts.
                                                               Mike
Not to hijack the thread but...

Oh yeah not sand paper...I use emery paper too...several kinds up to 3000 grit.  The problem I have is that during the "remove the paint" stage, I start with 600 grit and it just clogs up with paint so quickly I fly through a LOT of it.  Like a ridiculous amount $$$.  Should I do something different..maybe start with a much lower grit?  When I did a frame I got a little smarter (maybe).  I tried using a dremel with a sanding bit, but the one I had was a little too coarse.  So I picked up a bit that's like a abrasive puffy wheel thing.  That worked well to get the paint off.  I need to work on my technique a little now.  A couple times I accidentally touched the spinning collar of the tool to the polished surface and left marks that were tough to polish out.

KevinP

Get the wet/dry sandpaper that they use on auto-body paint jobs ....  works well and doesn't load up ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

JEBert

During the "remove the paint" stage I would recommend using some paint remover.  They even make it eco-friendly these days and it saves a lot of "elbow grease" and sandpaper.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

i use blu remover it stinks though

Crosshairs

Quote from: jdub on August 10, 2012, 11:01:10 PM
Does that mean you leave the range when someone pulls out a Glock, Kahr, LCP, or any of the other dozens of firearms without a manual safety? :-)

None of my three different Baikal airguns (IZH-46M, 53M, 61) have manual safeties nor do many (most?) 10m Match pistols. 

Regards

BTW, I'm not meaning for this to sound rude in any way.  I'm just curious how those of you who feel strongly about having manual safeties feel about the abundance of firearms (some of the most popular concealed carry weapons) that don't have manual safeties, and do you handle a gun with a manual safety *differently* than one without?  I believe it's a training issue--not a mechanical issue.
the guns you speak of are designed for not having a manual safety there is no safety to remove. I'm only concerned about removing a safety.
             Mike

Colt25

Crosshairs

mudduck48

Quote from: cmj21973 on August 09, 2012, 10:47:36 AM
All 1377's (new and old) have the rolled pivot pin originally.

Post a picture of the solid pin.
No they don't. My 1377 I bought in 1980 has a solid pin with a C clip holding the pin.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

You've resurrected an old one. This thread turned out to be a drama about whether or not the pistol had a solid pin with a c clip on it and the pros and cons of the actual need for a safety. I had the safety out at he time and several people took offense.  I put it back later because I could not figure out an easy way to fill the holes.  The pistol was subsequently sold to a CAPOF member.
Stranded in California.

agninja

Ahhh...life on the res. Ain't it nice?! ;D

Looked like a cool gun with some history behind it. A lot of people lose the safety components and don't have one. Myself included. But the four rules of gun safety do not rely on safety switches, so imo it really doesn't matter. However, I now prefer to have the safety particularly because it doesn't automatically engage, so you can just leave it off all the time if you want. And it's nice to have the option to engage it if you feel so inclined.
Black air pistols matter.

Bud

I don't have a safety on my 1322 because the spring and detent ball are some where in my basement. When and if I get a new spring I will replace the safety, since some of the members here were kind enough to explain the proper procedure for installing these parts. :-*