• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Can you tell if it's going to be a good shooting day ?

Started by Crosshairs, August 09, 2012, 04:05:36 PM

Crosshairs

I don't know some days i wake up and my hands are like two bricks on the end of my arms other days they are shaking, so i know when i can target shoot of plink anyone have this happen to them.
                                  Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

i thought you were going to say something else was like a brick! ;) then i saw hands
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

When you start your first cup of coffee... sit in your chair with the window open ...
rest your 2240 in the crook or your elbow...
and take a chipper in the head at 20 yds ...

started my day just fine   :-*  :)
Kevin
Albany, New York

chongman

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 09, 2012, 04:05:36 PM
I don't know some days i wake up and my hands are like two bricks on the end of my arms other days they are shaking, so i know when i can target shoot of plink anyone have this happen to them.
                                  Mike  8)

I hear ya man.  Most days i will get the shakes like a dog sh*%in a peach seed because of all the meds I take.  I have a very small window of calm, about three hours and try to take advantage of that when I can. Next week I hope to get a reduction in dosage  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Peashooterjoe

Same here about the meds, have to force my self to relax for 5 minutes. Then if  can't hit anything or too shaky I quit, next session is always better..PeashooterJoe
aim small shoot small

RC1947

One or two shots usually informs me whether I should keep shooting or not.  Fighting it is too frustrating watching the bull speeding back and forth and up and down. RC

BigErn

It's a good shooting day for me if my wife doesn't call me every hour asking me are you still shooting?

AZAG

I can usually tell whether its gonna be a good day in the first five shots.  Some days the pellets are like ten ring seeking missiles, and some days i'm happy just to hit paper.

Crosshairs

Quote from: AZAG on August 10, 2012, 07:49:48 PM
I can usually tell whether its gonna be a good day in the first five shots.  Some days the pellets are like ten ring seeking missiles, and some days i'm happy just to hit paper.
Thats true too but let me ask do you keep shooting or stop. If im shaking i just keep shooting but i stop target shooting and start plinking do you think i should try to fight the shaking and stick to the targets.
                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BDS

Quote from: BigErn on August 10, 2012, 12:21:15 AM
It's a good shooting day for me if my wife doesn't call me every hour asking me are you still shooting?

Every hour? So... that like 12 phone calls?!  :D
Brian

quickster47 †

At my age any day you get up and out of bed is going to be a good shooting day.   ;D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BigErn

Quote from: BDS on August 10, 2012, 07:58:40 PM
Every hour? So... that like 12 phone calls?!  :D

;D ;D ;D You're killin me dude! 12 hours I wish!

BigErn

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 10, 2012, 07:55:22 PM
Thats true too but let me ask do you keep shooting or stop. If im shaking i just keep shooting but i stop target shooting and start plinking do you think i should try to fight the shaking and stick to the targets.
                           Mike

Mike I like the plinking idea! Gotta have a back up plan right  8). How about some long distance plinking? I plink at 10 yards with my BB pistols and 20 with the 760. Would love to try some cans at 50 or 60 yards. I think that would be fun but don't have the room  :(.

AZAG

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 10, 2012, 07:55:22 PM
                           Mike

Sometimes I keep shooting, sometimes I stop.  I shoot to relax, so if I start getting frustrated even if i'm shooting well I stop and find some other way to relax.

Alrauder

I like the way you put that AZAG.. That's the way I am lately.. With higher blood pressure and the associated thump thump thump when you go to aim,, if I can't get it right and relax, I simply lay the gun down and quit for the time. Some things are meant to be and others, weren't. I just accept it. It's not the physical aspect that gets to me,, it's the frustration in the mind that gets to me most, so I give up before it gets out of hand and can no longer enjoy it...

Most importantly - I never lose the enthusiasm...!!!