• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Suggestions for new pistol

Started by SlapStik, August 10, 2012, 12:47:14 PM

SlapStik

Hi Everyone,

First, thanks to everyone involved with this forum as I've already learned a lot just reading the past threads. I'm going to put in an order today and I'm wrestling with getting either a 2300S or T. I'm also going to get a 2240 as a project gun for my 19 yr old son an me.

I will use the 2300  for target practice and some plinking and have no interest in hunting with it, I have a 34P rifle for that. I really want to the 2300 as a substitute for the much more expensive range time with my powder guns. I also though about a custom gun but that just won't work for now so it's off the table.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can offer between these two 2300's! I am leaning towards the less expensive "T" because it seems like the S is more then I really need since I will not be competing.

Thanks,
Doug
SlapStik
aka Doug
2300S, 2240, Colt Defender, 3576 n RWS 34P

Crosshairs

The 2300s has the LW match barrel so i would go with that. Check out Crosmans site you can most likely get a 2400KT or a 2300KT with the LW barrel chaeper the the cost of a 2300s.
                         Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

SlapStik

Thanks Mike, I've spent some time on the Crosman site and have configured several 2300KT's but right now it's not a good option for me.

I know the 2300S has the LW barrel, SS bolt, much better sights and some other upgrades but I'm just wondering if it is worth the $100.....??

Either way I've already ordered some Cocobolo grips from Rbgrips so i'm already on my way!
SlapStik
aka Doug

woody67

Also, you can check the yellow forum. There were a couple of 2300(don't remember s or t)'s that went up for sale there last week.

SlapStik

Quote from: woody67 on August 10, 2012, 03:28:15 PM
Also, you can check the yellow forum. There were a couple of 2300(don't remember s or t)'s that went up for sale there last week.

Thanks for the idea but I want to stick with new as I am very picky and will keep it for a long time! So far I am leaning back towards the 2300S.......
SlapStik
aka Doug

bodger

i had the cheaper one for awhile t ? really nice thing but if youve got the money ide get the more expensive one .bet you end up modding it tho whatever it is  ;)

SlapStik

Thanks everyone! I just pulled the trigger on the 2300S and hope to have this Monday!
Looking forward to it!!  :-*
SlapStik
aka Doug

jdub

Quote from: SlapStik on August 10, 2012, 07:45:21 PM
Thanks everyone! I just pulled the trigger on the 2300S and hope to have this Monday!
Looks like I saw this too late... maybe.  As a *very* happy 2300S owner I went through the process of building a 2300S-ish 2300KT on the Crosman site just yesterday.  For $185 you get everything the 2300S has with the following exceptions:

• black steel bolt instead of stainless
  • No power adjuster ($15 when ordered from Crosman)
  • The 2300S valve insert (reduces volume for more shots per cart--also available from Crosman)

So it can be advantageous to order from the Custom Shop.  The downside (and this is a huge one for me) is the wait time.  Get your 2330S in days or your 2300KT in *weeks*.   I got my 2300S used, BTW, but after some initial skepticism I am delighted with it.  When you look at the other pistols out there in this price range I think it's a good deal even at retail.  And I would definitely choose a 2300S over the 2300T for the Walther barrel and Williams sight.

I highly recommend a TKO LDC if you want to make it indoor friendly.

Good luck!

Fronzdan

I'm a little late but, good decision!  You will be very happy that you got the LW barrel.

SlapStik

Thanks jdub! I agree the custom shop is a great place to buy but the wait time is too long for right now. I'm content with the 2300s and plan on shooting the heck out of it before considering mods.

Thanks Fronzdan, I think you are right!

Thanks again,
Doug
SlapStik
aka Doug

Crosshairs

Cool i think you made the right you will be very happy with the LW barrel, i sure am.
                                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!