• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

I'm cursed!!

Started by Fronzdan, August 16, 2012, 02:29:52 AM

Fronzdan

Some of you may have read the Cothran thread in the Links section, where I mentioned my saga getting my Cothran order.  It took about 8 weeks and when the delivery day finally came, the PO screwed up and returned it to Don.  I had to wait another week or so.  Torturous, but I eventually did get it.

Well about 5 weeks ago I placed a Mellonair order...three barrels, a couple bolts and a stock adapter.  I waited patiently and it finally shipped and was due today.  Yeah it was delivered.  That's what the tracking status at USPS shows.  Except no package.  I got mail.  I got packages from UPS.  But not my (@#$(*!@ Mellonair package!  So now I have to formally notify Charlie with a letter and then he has to file a claim and blah blah.  Don't know if I'll ever get my stuff.   I've been cursed.  I must make an offering to the Crosman gods.   :(

1377x

thats some bad mojo
personally i think its your post delivery person
i have checked tracking numbers in the past that showed delivered then around 6-7pm the mail guy shows up with the package
closed mouths dont get fed

jdub

Man, that is a bummer!  Sorry!  Maybe it will turn up.

I had USPS show a package was delivered once when I didn't get it and it came the next day.  Weird.   Another time it showed delivered, a very expensive fountain pen, and nothing.  I wrote the letter to the seller but they make you wait 21 days or something before you can file the claim.  A few days later the next door neighbor brought it over.  They delivered it to her by mistake and she only checks her mail a couple of times a week.

Maybe it will still show up.  Good luck!

arkmaker †

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 16, 2012, 02:29:52 AM
I must make an offering to the Crosman gods.   :(

I am one of the Crosman gods!!! Send me some goodies and all will be well  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

AZAG

That's too bad, hope everything works out for you.

arkmaker †

Yeah, sorry. Just realized I sounded pretty cold with that last post of mine. Got caught up in the moment, but that's no excuse. I know how bad it sucks to wait and wait for something. I do hope your package shows up today and was just an oversight by your mailman. Charlie is a pretty good guy and will make things right one way or the other. You could also call the PO and give some input and it might collaborate Charlies end as well. I know it is a hassle though. Hope all works out!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

chongman

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 16, 2012, 02:29:52 AM
Some of you may have read the Cothran thread in the Links section, where I mentioned my saga getting my Cothran order.  It took about 8 weeks and when the delivery day finally came, the PO screwed up and returned it to Don.  I had to wait another week or so.  Torturous, but I eventually did get it.

Well about 5 weeks ago I placed a Mellonair order...three barrels, a couple bolts and a stock adapter.  I waited patiently and it finally shipped and was due today.  Yeah it was delivered.  That's what the tracking status at USPS shows.  Except no package.  I got mail.  I got packages from UPS.  But not my (@#$(*!@ Mellonair package!  So now I have to formally notify Charlie with a letter and then he has to file a claim and blah blah.  Don't know if I'll ever get my stuff.   I've been cursed.  I must make an offering to the Crosman gods.   :(

I think you should burn some plastic grips  :D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

woody67

Quote from: arkmaker on August 16, 2012, 01:14:19 PM
Yeah, sorry. Just realized I sounded pretty cold with that last post of mine.

No, that was funny as hell!

Fronzdan

Quote from: arkmaker on August 16, 2012, 01:14:19 PM
Yeah, sorry. Just realized I sounded pretty cold with that last post of mine.

Nah... that's something I would say ;D.

Off to the post office to go postal on em.

RC1947

I've had similar issues where I finally receive a package a week after the expected delivery date.  It happens, unfortunately.  I hope it all works out. RC

Fronzdan

Doesn't look good. The mailman specifically said he left it attached to my mailbox. My daughter said she noticed the mailbox was hanging open when they arrived home in the afternoon. My initial instinct is to suspect the low lifes down the street snagged it, they have no respect for anyone's property and have been seen playing around with mailboxes. They were out yesterday running around the neighborhood..all nine of the kids.  As much as I like to crack some skulls, can't be sure of anything.
The PO had me report it to the Postal Inspector's office...ooh the Feds!!! Now I had this image of g-men in dark suits carrying tommy guns and pump 12ga's.  scouring the neighborhood, pressuring informants, busting into speakeasys, having stake outs all to recover my Charlie Mellon parts. I got a nice lady on the phone. She took my name and info and said "we won't call unless we need more info. ".  Damn I forgot to ask her when the g-men would show up.

1377x

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 16, 2012, 02:40:55 PM
Nah... that's something I would say ;D.

Off to the post office to go postal on em.
watch out !
remember they are the ones the term is coined after :o
;D ;D

BDS

Sorry to hear about all this fronzdan... I'm waitin on a $3200 check from US Bank that was "mailed" 14 days ago, now they have cancelled it and are starting over. Another 14 days and possibly no check?  ??? >:( :D
Brian

1377x

pony express is back in business.probably would be faster than the mail today

BDS

Ed... did you know  ??? the Pony Express only lasted for about 18 months as the railroads and telegraph quickly took over?

So... since US bank mailed my check over 14 days ago from Illinois, the poster attached here says that I could have had it in 10 days by Pony Express from NY back in 1860 no less!  :D
Brian