• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

touch up

Started by plasticclassic, August 17, 2012, 06:52:38 AM

plasticclassic

What's a good touch up paint for a prod grip frame, for small fingernail sized scratches? And what's good for the same thing on the bluing on tubes and barrels? Thanks.

chongman

I've never see a prod grip frame up close but I would think (and sometimes I'm wrong) you might find something in the model car section of your local hobby shop.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

RC1947

I've used flat black spray paint designed for wood stoves.  I spray some on a piece of paper, and use a toothpick to touch up. RC

plasticclassic

I thought it must have to be some flat black type of paint, I will try that.

I saw in another thread about the Birchwood Casey Presto bluing pen, I think I'm going to get one of those for the blued steel parts. Thanks, guys.

1377x

i use black bedliner for everything.i tried paint on the gripframe before it just chipped off again
the bluing pen is great for small touch ups i have read
closed mouths dont get fed

crossliner

Quote from: 1377x on August 17, 2012, 11:15:55 PM
i use black bedliner for everything.i tried paint on the gripframe before it just chipped off again
the bluing pen is great for small touch ups i have read

Have you tried using bedliner paint on your frames Mr. 13? If so how tough is it and how does it look? This type of paint is available in the Phils. and I might just try them on 1 of my frames..Actually I had them done already by a pro painter but no I have not assembled them yet..I do no not like the shiny appearance very much but he said that to make the finish tougher he had no choice but to clear-topcoat it. Best regards.

1377x

yep!
used them there also
its a little harder to bedliner the frames
good thing that stuff is thick i had to rough it up pretty good.just a little and the bedliner chips off
it turned out pretty good thou looked like stock paint
this was a 150 grip frame they were slightly textured from the beginning.i thought i took pics but i guess i didnt

crossliner

Davio

Quote from: plasticclassic on August 17, 2012, 05:52:17 PM
I saw in another thread about the Birchwood Casey Presto bluing pen, I think I'm going to get one of those for the blued steel parts. Thanks, guys.
The bluing pen is great!  I have used mine on tube and barrel scratches and on the front of the trigger frame where I got the screwdriver into the face while installing that trigger frame screw that goes into the tube.

Most amazing is that the "stuff" that comes out of the pen is as thin and clear as water, but it blue/blacks it right up and doesn't build like so many touchup products do.

Highly recommended product.
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

1377x

cmj bought a rear cocker from me i had polished it and he took a bluing pen colored it in that thing looked great afterwards

crossliner

Hello again Mr. 1377..Other gents please feel free to chime in..A couple of questions..

Bedliner paint does not need any substrate right?
Is it dead black w/ no sheen and is it rough to the touch but not too sandy that it feels abrasive?
How long does it take to attain max strength? Some say 48 hours but I would rather have info from them end users.

My 3 grips are really nice and smooth now a pro painter did it for me but I don't like the lustrous appearance. Powder coating is super cheap here but they won't touch gun grips ( even air gun grips)  w/ a 10-foot pole  ??? I tried to bribe the operator but he whispered there are cameras everywhere sir  >:( Dang the samples really looked great and they are located so near to me..So close and yet so far.

http://davaobetaspring.com/index.php/home

I can get this brand for $7.50 I actually saw 1 yesterday while going shopping. Best regards.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/3523416/TRUCK+BED+LINER+BOSNY

PC77

Misdemeanors i use a sharpie anything else i use a Birchwood Casey Presto bluing pen or Brownells Oxpho-Blue. Oxpho-Blue is by far the best cold bluing i have ever used.
pc

1377x

Quote from: crossliner on October 08, 2012, 03:28:31 PM
Hello again Mr. 1377..Other gents please feel free to chime in..A couple of questions..

Bedliner paint does not need any substrate right?
Is it dead black w/ no sheen and is it rough to the touch but not too sandy that it feels abrasive?
How long does it take to attain max strength? Some say 48 hours but I would rather have info from them end users.

My 3 grips are really nice and smooth now a pro painter did it for me but I don't like the lustrous appearance. Powder coating is super cheap here but they won't touch gun grips ( even air gun grips)  w/ a 10-foot pole  ??? I tried to bribe the operator but he whispered there are cameras everywhere sir  >:( Dang the samples really looked great and they are located so near to me..So close and yet so far.

http://davaobetaspring.com/index.php/home

I can get this brand for $7.50 I actually saw 1 yesterday while going shopping. Best regards.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/3523416/TRUCK+BED+LINER+BOSNY
i let mine set over night but i also use a heat source to speed up curing
without the heat source i would wait 48 hours