• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman CO2 Carts

Started by jdub, August 17, 2012, 07:11:36 PM

jdub

I was up at my local Walmart last night picking up some groceries and I usually grab a tin or two of pellets while I'm there since at $6.97 for CPHPs in both .22 and .177 they're cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

i was surprised to see that they had completely rearranged the airgun section so I took a little closer look.   What caught my eye was a new spot on the shelf for boxes of 15 Crosman CO2.  I just glanced at it because I've been paying $11 for 25 at another local place, which seemed pretty good, but this price of $5.97 caught my eye.  With my advanced math skills I figured out that $6 for 15 meant $12 for 30 (yeah, I did that calculation in my head).  A quick Google search on my phone seemed to confirm that this was a pretty good deal--half the price of PA and some other online air gun shops, and $3 less then the next best price I could find.  I grabbed a few and will probably go clean them out this weekend in case they're closing these things out.

How much are you guys paying for Crosman carts?  I know I can get some off-brands cheaper but don't think it's worth the risk.

breakfastchef

Last time I checked pricing, Amazon offered a 40 ct. box of Crosman Powerlets with free super saver shipping at $0.64 each. PA was coming in at $0.76 per cart, but that can be reduced with a coupon. Drew on the Yellow Classifieds sells in lots of 110 ($0.56 ea.) and 220 ($0.49 ea.) of generic mil-spec carts. Drew's carts are underfilled by @1.2 grams, but they work just fine.

Periodically I still pick up a box at Walmart if I am running low.
Larry

jdub

Quote from: breakfastchef on August 17, 2012, 10:58:25 PM
Last time I checked pricing, Amazon offered a 40 ct. box of Crosman Powerlets with free super saver shipping at $0.64 each. PA was coming in at $0.76 per cart, but that can be reduced with a coupon. Drew on the Yellow Classifieds sells in lots of 110 ($0.56 ea.) and 220 ($0.49 ea.) of generic mil-spec carts. Drew's carts are underfilled by @1.2 grams, but they work just fine.

Periodically I still pick up a box at Walmart if I am running low.
So Walmart's 15 for $6 comes in at exactly 40 cents a cart.  Maybe I will clean them out.

1377x

a dollar a cart!
i get mine at a convience store aka lgs its 8 blocks from me which was a short walk to me until recently
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

The Walmart here just started selling 40 for 19.29 .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

jdub

Quote from: KevinP on August 18, 2012, 11:01:25 AM
The Walmart here just started selling 40 for 19.29 .....
That's the price for 40 at our Walmart.  But now you can buy 3 packs of 15 for $18 at the same place.  45 carts for $18--I'm headed up there this afternoon to clean them out.

Fronzdan

Amazon jacked their price up on the 40ct.  It's $29.99 for an insane 75cents a cart.  Normally I avoid our local Walmart like the plague..it's a scary place.  But off to Walmart I go to clean them out if they have these.  Thanks for the heads up!

Fronzdan

Nope not at this Walmart. The 15's were 10 bucks. The 40's were 20 bucks which ain't bad, but Pyramyd is only a couple bucks more and no tax.  With a coupon it all evens out.

jdub

Quote from: Fronzdan on August 18, 2012, 06:51:45 PM
Nope not at this Walmart. The 15's were 10 bucks. The 40's were 20 bucks which ain't bad, but Pyramyd is only a couple bucks more and no tax.  With a coupon it all evens out.
That's a bummer.  It may be a mistake at our Walmart but ours also sells CPHP for $2 a tin less than the online Walmart price and has for months.  Either way I'm headed up there pretty quick to clean them out.

Even with the 10% off coupon the stinking shipping at PA keeps me from buying a lot of things there.  I get most of my high-end pellets there, and air guns of course, but for anything else that can be found locally even with tax it's usually less than PA's discounted price + shipping.  Bummer because I like PA.

Oh, here's a receipt with the SKU and price for that CO2.  I'd be interested in knowing if any other Walmart is doing this (top 3 are .22 CPHP - 500 cnt, bottom 3 are CO2):

1377x

6.47 a tin is what they go for at my local wally world
i have no idea about the price of carts.

chongman

Just returned from my local Walyl World's (Onley, Va and Pokomoke City, MD), no deals there  :(
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

jdub

Quote from: chongman on August 18, 2012, 08:35:17 PM
Just returned from my local Walyl World's (Onley, Va and Pokomoke City, MD), no deals there  :(
Just got back from mine.  Carts are still $6 for 15.  I bought six.  I already had about 50 carts so with this additional 90 I should be good for a while.  I hope they keep the price this low.

Plekto

As good a deal as this is, I still get them from my local shop for 50 cents each.  I'm not a fan of Wal Mart's business tactics and strong arm tactics on its employees.  Plus, giving a little bit more to support the small guy is always a good thing to do. 

jdub

Quote from: Plekto on August 18, 2012, 09:09:13 PM
As good a deal as this is, I still get them from my local shop for 50 cents each.  I'm not a fan of Wal Mart's business tactics and strong arm tactics on its employees.  Plus, giving a little bit more to support the small guy is always a good thing to do.
Unfortunately, I don't have a local shop.  I hear what you're saying though.  If there was an airgun shop around here I'd be all over it.    As it is I have my choice of national chains that stock this stuff as an afterthought.  Choose your evil :)

1377x

Quote from: Plekto on August 18, 2012, 09:09:13 PM
pyramydair does the same thing walmart does when it comes to sales
like you i support my local airgun shop and it supports me.