• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Trigger Frame Work

Started by chongman, August 19, 2012, 05:30:12 AM

Crosshairs

Looking good Bro.
                              Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

jdub

Quote from: chongman on September 01, 2012, 02:41:27 PM
The finish is very durable. When I get to the color each coat is wet sanded before the next then some clear. The clear, to me, is important in protecting the color coat. It's very possible I might change my color. I have two cool gunmetal colors but they are metallic, I don't know if they will look that good on a pistol.
Michael, what would it cost to get setup with a decent air brush?   I know it's just another tool and it's the skill of the user that gets those kind of results but I'd like to give it a shot.   I worked in a body shop in high school and they'd let me in the booth to lay on the first coat or two of primer but I never got consistent enough to be trusted with anything beyond that :)

chongman

Quote from: jdub on September 01, 2012, 09:56:38 PM
Michael, what would it cost to get setup with a decent air brush?   I know it's just another tool and it's the skill of the user that gets those kind of results but I'd like to give it a shot.   I worked in a body shop in high school and they'd let me in the booth to lay on the first coat or two of primer but I never got consistent enough to be trusted with anything beyond that :)

Decent is the key word my friend. Spend to little and you get frustrated, to much in the beginning and your wasting your money on features you'll never take advantage of.

I use a Paasche VL double action. Double action means you press the trigger button down you get air, pull it back you get paint.  It's a "tank" man.  My first one I bought in the late 80's and it's still going strong.  I have only replaced the needle and tip once because I buggered them up.

Here it is...

The chrome plated "stubbie" handle is additional part, stock it's a plastic red handle. The jar is a cleaning station, not essential bu nice to have.

Some links for you so you can get an idea of price. As always, google shop it  ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Paasche-VL-SET-Double-Action-Airbrush/dp/B00397TTTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346543524&sr=8-1&keywords=paasche+vl+set

http://www.amazon.com/Testor-Corp-9315-Cleaning-Station/dp/B0006MZOJE/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1346543581&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=aztek+cleaning+station

Of coarse you will need an air source.  I use one of those red portable air tanks filled from my shop compressor. Doing it that way I can paint in the middle of the night without bothering anybody  ;)

Sorry, I forgot you need a regulator!

Something like this...
http://www.amazon.com/Paasche-R-75-Regulator-Moisture-Trap/dp/B000BR2STI/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1346544034&sr=1-2&keywords=air+brush+regulator
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

0351_Vet

Looking Good Chong.......... :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jetstream

Caritas In Veritate

chongman

Thanks guys!
There were a couple of spots that needed some attention so I. Need to squirt some more primer. That will have to wait until the weekend as I'm mobile today. I have to see my heart doctor,get a bunch of tests done. It's routine, happens every month  :-*

Posted from my BlackBerry tablet via WiFi

breakfastchef

What? You're still not finished? Good luck with the doc.
Larry

1377x

Quote from: chongman on September 04, 2012, 10:37:45 PM
Thanks guys!
There were a couple of spots that needed some attention so I. Need to squirt some more primer. That will have to wait until the weekend as I'm mobile today. I have to see my heart doctor,get a bunch of tests done. It's routine, happens every month  :-*

Posted from my BlackBerry tablet via WiFi
even though its a routine trip hope everything goes good.your are in my thoughts!
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

I got a lot done on the project this week. After some serious deliberation I decided to change my color for the frame. The red would have been nice but I wanted the finished look to be taken seriously. I took some semi-gloss black and added a bit of pearl to it and airbrushed on a couple of coats. The photos don't do it justice here but I'm digging it. I would still like to come back with some clear jut to give a bit of protection.

The reshaped walnut grips have gotten a few coats of tung oil. They still need to be worked with 0000 steel wool and another coat (maybe more) before I'm done. They won't have that much of a gloss look in the end, just want to fill the grain some more.

I'll be wrapping this project up shortly, my 2400KT is on the brown truck so I need the bench space!

BigErn

That just looks perfect chong.  :-*

Fronzdan

Thats beautiful.  I really like what you did to the grips too....those were RB Grips to start, right?   I'm inspired to do another frame now.  My first attempt came out ok, but I sanded off the black paint....way too much work and paper used.  I left it natural and it looked good for the first couple weeks, then it tarnished up.  This time I'll strip the paint first and repaint.

chongman

Thank you fellas!

Yes, they started out as RB walnut target grips that came on my 2300KT. I wish they had more material in a few places but since I don't have the tools yet to make grips I'm not complaining.

I begin work on the frame and had to back up and get some paint stripper  ;D There were a lot of dings in the frame that the factory paint was hiding.

Sir William

Chongman - Artisan
Sir William - mechanic

GREAT WORK Chongman!!!

1377x

sweet!
i like the look of everything!
nice job!
closed mouths dont get fed

Davio

Great work and looking so good!   :-*
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177