• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Cartridge life question

Started by Tater, August 24, 2012, 06:23:03 PM

Tater

I have had a CO2 pistol in about 30 years (as a teen) so I can't remember how long the cartridges last.
If I put a fresh one in and then took 5, 10, 20... shots. How long would the remaining charge last in the gun. It would be kept indoors, so at room temperature.
Days, weeks?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Crosshairs

I would think as long as you been useing pellgun oil and the seals are good it could stay for months i do leave a bit in all of my Co2 guns when stored.
                                             Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

+ 1 to Mike's comment, always leave a lil in the cart and the cart in the gun, with Pellgunoil.
Brian

RC1947

+2  I've left mine for months without leakage - pellgun oil. RC

Tater

Very good to know. I'll torn between starting with a 1377 or a CO2. Knowing the gas could keep for that long, it would be great to have "always ready"for a chipmunk coming by.
Thanks for the tip about leaving a little in the cart too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Crosshairs

Quote from: Tater on August 24, 2012, 10:58:00 PM
Very good to know. I'll torn between starting with a 1377 or a CO2. Knowing the gas could keep for that long, it would be great to have "always ready"for a chipmunk coming by.
Thanks for the tip about leaving a little in the cart too.
Yep i have one by the bedroom window ready for action all i need to do is load her up.
                                         Mike

BDS

+1, to that, my 2240 is layin on the garage/shop bench, last of the magpies felt it's "sting" last weekend!  :D
Brian

Tater

Between a 13377 and 2240, which is easiest to make quiet and neighbor-friendly?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

Quote from: Tater on August 25, 2012, 09:40:19 AM

That would be the 2240, I have a  TKO on mine, it slides right on and is  very neighbor friendly.  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

Thanks Kev. Does anyone use a .177 CO2 pistol similar to the 2240 they could recommend?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

You can go to the crosman custom shop and build a 2300 or 2400 in .177 ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

ballistic

Quote from: Tater on August 25, 2012, 10:18:49 AM
Thanks Kev. Does anyone use a .177 CO2 pistol similar to the 2240 they could recommend?

What KevinP said ^^.

Best benefit of .177 IMHO is that you can get a .177 Lothar Walther barrel from the CCS.

Crosshairs

Quote from: Tater on August 25, 2012, 09:40:19 AM
The 1377 is a better choice for the back yard the stock 2240 is way louder then the stock 1377
                                                  Mike

Tater

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 25, 2012, 01:07:20 PM
The 1377 is a better choice for the back yard the stock 2240 is way louder then the stock 1377
                                                  Mike

Thanks Crosshairs and thanks to mentioned the custom 2240 in .177.
I can't go outside at all to shoot (I'm in a townhouse) but I do shoot from inside out the door at chipmunks. The guy next door has a window that's usually open about 8' from my door so that's why noise reduction is key.
I don't mind pumping the 1377, but my concern is it would have to be pre-pumped in case a chipper comes by. That could be hours sometimes and I don't know how long 8 pumps would last and still be powerful enough.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs