• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 2240/50 Barrel Band Thoughts.

Started by mrto, August 26, 2012, 07:01:51 AM

mrto

As a fan of the 2240/50 etc I would really like to see Crosman put more thought into the style of the barrel band.I know with a custom extended breech the barrel can be free floated etc,but a barrel band can also add additional strength.I realise Crosman want to keep production costs as low as possible,but surely a slimmer more elegently styled band :-*  as standard from mild steel for example would not add too much to the cost of a new pistol?

BDS

I'm sure you would have +1000 to your post by now except, Crosman hasn't done much to upgrade the visual appeal of the 22XX guns in a lot of years. The cast parts like barrel bands and frames get little or no attention in deburr and polish, even on the CS guns. Likewise, all manufacturers love casting patterns and tools that have paid for themselves 400 or 500 times over, thus the lack of any changes. If you have time and a bench grinder and polisher, I would suggest that you remove all the flashing or mold lines and, a well done radius all around, both sides, about .060" would really improve the looks of the barrel band. A small groove all the way around on center line would aslo look cool, again, about .060 x .060 deep.
Brian

chongman

+1 BDS

You could get really wild, drill some holes to make it lighter but retain the strength and purpose of the band.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BDS

Chongman:  Now that I LIKE!  :-*

Lightening drill holes could look very cool, especially if the band is polished!  :-*
Brian

Fronzdan