• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

OK Winter is on it's way ! what's on your mind ?

Started by Crosshairs, September 05, 2012, 01:38:25 AM

cmj21973

Quote from: BDS on September 05, 2012, 02:55:57 AM
You need these mounted on the Vette...  :D

Well, it's driving and handling proformance would be that of a D9 Cat. :(
On the other hand, it's offense and defense capabilties would be second to none! ;D

RC1947

I don't foresee any building projects, though I would like to mount a rail on my IZH 53m.  All Winter it's 5m pistol shooting in the cellar, and I plan on refining the triggers an several of the springers.  RC

Fronzdan

Quote from: breakfastchef on September 05, 2012, 02:39:40 AM

Purchase a Baikal IZH-46M and shoot the feces out of it

Is that how they ship em these days??  What's wrong with cosmoline??  I'd think poop in the barrel would affect accuracy!  ;)

I'm hoping to get my big orders from Crosman and Charlie Mellon and transform all the Crosmans I have now.  New barrels, a new 22xx build from mostly spare parts, Tippmann stock for one of my 1377's, new pRod trigger frames on three more of them.  And yeah...an IZH-46M is on my radar.  Maybe a Christmas present?!

BDS

Stocked up on paper targets from work, about 200 of e'm, bullseye, grids etc etc.

Have the new 2300KT pistol with LW barrel, 1377, Colt 1911 and the Bronco rifle  and Winchester Lever Action rifle ready for this winter's garage shootin at 10 meters  :-*
Brian

Crosshairs

Quote from: BDS on September 05, 2012, 06:56:31 PM
Stocked up on paper targets from work, about 200 of e'm, bullseye, grids etc etc.

Have the new 2300KT pistol with LW barrel, 1377, Colt 1911 and the Bronco rifle  and Winchester Lever Action rifle ready for this winter's garage shootin at 10 meters  :-*
Yep my 10 meter indoor range is also ready.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Fronzdan

Hey BDS, when you say you stocked up on targets..do you mean literally or did you mean you printed out a bunch of targets at work?? 

BDS

Ya, that  :-*

Printed out on a light card-stock we use for brochures, I get it cheap thru our vendor.
Brian

Crosshairs

Noah and me been looking to build a .20 Cal 13XX/ 1320.
                            Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

RC1947

Quote from: Crosshairs on September 05, 2012, 11:13:51 PM
                            Mike  8)
Don't know who Noah is, but that is an interesting project.  Sounds like a tutorial in motion? RC

Noah

Quote from: Crosshairs on September 05, 2012, 11:13:51 PM
                            Mike  8)

Yes, Sir! I am still on board with this gig  :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Fronzdan

Quote from: BDS on September 05, 2012, 09:03:17 PM
Ya, that  :-*

Printed out on a light card-stock we use for brochures, I get it cheap thru our vendor.

Hmm..the bottom part of my post didn't make it?!?  I was going to say I do the same thing myself!  And in COLOR!!!  But I wanted to ask what kind of paper you use...cuz as I'm sure you know, regular copy paper isn't very good.  It rips! Especially with lower velocity pellets.

Does the stuff you use make decently clean holes?  Who makes it?  I have some Manila folders that I also use, but too thick to print on.

chinaboy

Quote from: chongman on September 05, 2012, 02:27:00 AM
Oh man, your tugging on my heart string. Where do you live and what do you want to build?

Aw, didn't mean to give you heart a tug.  In reality I could splurge and buy parts anytime, but chose to be wise with my money and only buy parts when I know I have the extra spending money.  Rent, groceries, and keeping bills paid always comes first.

But I wanted to build a lefty 2240 based pistol for my dad for father's day and a mirror righty for me.   That way we can shoot together and he can have his for pest control.  So when it comes down to it each part I'd want to buy would be twice the price as the "next project" is really two  identical projects.  Seeing that father's day is about 9 months away this will give me time to build the gun piece by piece and budget accordingly.  I'm definitely going to make a separate post for it.

This forum is the best!

BDS

Quote from: Fronzdan on September 06, 2012, 03:46:44 AM
Hmm..the bottom part of my post didn't make it?!?  I was going to say I do the same thing myself!  And in COLOR!!!  But I wanted to ask what kind of paper you use...cuz as I'm sure you know, regular copy paper isn't very good.  It rips! Especially with lower velocity pellets.

Does the stuff you use make decently clean holes?  Who makes it?  I have some Manila folders that I also use, but too thick to print on.

I think it is graded by weight, in this case, 75 to 100 lb weight, just a little less than a manila folder, wadcutters make clean holes and Targetz.com is free for target downloads. Any paper maker has it, Hammermill or many others :-*
Brian

zoneofenders

I'm going to get my outdoor range (10m or 33ft)  winter ready, that means it will have to become snow and rain proof. Big tent where i sit and a fire pit. Then my 2240 with the stainless steel i'm working on should be done before winter, i have a Baikal IZH 60 and a Baikal IZH 61 coming in pretty soon. So i'll be either modding those or trading them in for maybe 1 pimped american classic or two stock ones?????? Not sure yet, i got a good deal for the two baikals so it's gonna be a win win either way.
A lot to learn here http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com
Work in progress http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/q500/zoneofenders79
Dutch forum General crosmans incl some cool mod pics http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?showtopic=30584
Dutch forum Crosman 2240 incl some cool mod pics http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?showtopic=68610
Awesome members Crosman pics and vids over @ CAPOF by Brutuz https://www.youtube.com/CrosmanCAPOF
Crosman 2240 GT
The Gat
:-* ZON3OF3ND3RS aka The ;D Dutchy 8)

BDS

Quote from: zoneofenders on September 06, 2012, 07:14:56 PM
I'm going to get my outdoor range (10m or 33ft)  winter ready, that means it will have to become snow and rain proof. Big tent where i sit and a fire pit. Then my 2240 with the stainless steel i'm working on should be done before winter, i have a Baikal IZH 60 and a Baikal IZH 61 coming in pretty soon. So i'll be either modding those or trading them in for maybe 1 pimped american classic or two stock ones?????? Not sure yet, i got a good deal for the two baikals so it's gonna be a win win either way.

Zoneofenders: Are the Baikals new? If so, PM me with your price for the model IZH 60 single shot ok?  :-*
Brian