• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Currently working on 1701 trigger frame for 1377

Started by chinaboy, September 09, 2012, 04:47:29 AM

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on September 10, 2012, 02:27:55 AM
When I got my 1701 from Quickster, he had the trigger set so light and one stage that I could not hit anything! I'm talking breath on it and crack!!  Sounds like yours 1377.

I had to put the 2nd stage back. So now I have a nice long easy pull and it stops. Just a few ounces more of pressure and crack!!! I love it, but I admit, that I really need to think about my trigger pull (bringing it in to the breaking point). Time and more practice and it will become natural  :-*  Still like my Browning trigger, but now that I have put a few hundred rounds thought the 1701 it is time to shoot the Brownie again and feel the difference. See, an excuse to go to the PB range  ;D ;D
yeah thats how i have mine set.tried it with it set so it was a true 2 stage trigger but dont like the long pull.
i have been meaning to get to the.after my last trip,i couldnt move for 2 weeks i hurt so much.i guess thats what 3 months bed rest will do to you.
well the best thing about the 1701p/p-rod trigger group is you get to set it up for you.not what someone thinks you should have it at.
trigger time will get you adjusted.i cant see how i managed before,with the gritty creepy mushy stock trigger group.
i cant see spending more for a bunch of parts that will get you what a p-rod trigger will get you for less.to each his own not everybody's the same.it would suck to be in a cookie cutter world
closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

Quote from: 1377x on September 10, 2012, 02:53:45 AM
yeah thats how i have mine set.tried it with it set so it was a true 2 stage trigger but dont like the long pull.

For target shooting, I find the long, positive first stage is essential to my shot routine. I agree with arkaker that too light of a trigger is not ideal for me. With this setup I have not had a balk fire, and rarely a premature pellet expulsion.
Larry

1377x

thats what the best part of having the p-rod trigger group.its ability to be set where you want it. like you arkmaker like to get full use out of the 2 stage feature and from the sounds of it quickster and i like the short light setting.
on my 9mm build in going to use the maruauder rifle trigger group. i like this 2 stage stuff all my airguns will use it.
any way you like it its definitely different from the stock pistol trigger group
closed mouths dont get fed

plasticclassic

Quote from: chinaboy on September 09, 2012, 11:00:57 PM
I got the thing hooked up now and worked on it for 2-3 hours.  Damn, just one mod always seems easy and then it turns into ten things you didn't play to happen.  I almost lost the safety ball another 20 times.

put some moly grease in the hole where the spring goes, enough to cover the ball, it will stay in there then, it will help the spring stay in place too, don't get more in there than you need while your working on it, it makes assembling harder if you get it everywhere

markasaurus

What did all the parts cost you?  And where did you get the hammer, mellonair or somebody else? 
I am thinking of doing this mod myself.  Maybe it's the way Crosman would make them if you were willing to spend $200 on a 13xx pistol...

chinaboy

Trigger assembly was $37 and the hammer was a mellon hammer that 1377x hooked me up for for a few bucks, but he only had one he wanted to get rid of.