• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

where to get a stiffer hammer spring for 1322

Started by bigmap923, September 10, 2012, 03:49:21 AM

bigmap923

hi everybody!first, im a newby so please have mercy. second thanx for all the replies, and welcomes ive received so far. S i just got a 1377 and ordered a flat top valve and piston set up,and 20" .22 barrel to upgrade caliber from mellon air. also a steel breech from crosman. i guess what im trying to do is build a 2289 backpacker. my question is does anybody know where to get a stiffer hammer spring, and softer valve spring? im trying to get the most small game hunting power that i can out of my already favorite new toy so if any body has any advise or knowledge they would like to pass on it wil be GREATLY appreciated!!! thanx you folks are awsome and im excited about this new hobbie and having you folks to help me in my build!!!

breakfastchef

Find the part number for a Discovery rifle hammer spring and try that. It is stiffer. You can also try preloading the existing spring by adding 1-2mm or so of washers (or whatever you have) behind the spring in the end cap.
Larry

1377x

yep!
crosman parts dept
get p/n 1761-009 discovery hammer spring and p/n 1377-080 1377 trigger spring.works great as a light valve spring.
it wouldnt hurt to leave the stock valve spring in when using a discovery hammer spring.
while you are ordering from crosman you might as well get some other parts like the transfer port seal,safety ball and spring, a .22 barrel and bolt if you want to switch calibers in the future
closed mouths dont get fed

Gippeto

Hi...and WELCOME! :)

And DON'T I type slow. ???

A lighter valve spring may be obtained at nearly any hardware store...I've picked some up at NAPA. When I was playing with pumpers, I used a valve spring that was barely able to seat the valve stem...they had to be cocked before they could be pumped...THAT weak. :) While you're there...have a look for suitable striker spring replacements too!

Try out the lighter valve spring first...if you still cannot dump all your air, you could order a striker spring from Crosman. IIRC, there isn't any difference between the striker springs used in the 1377,1322 and 2289, but I've been wrong before...you could use one from a Discovery if you wanted to go all out.

Another option (albeit more expensive) is a velocity adjuster...Crosman has one or two...not sure which models they are on..Challenger I think?..and ??? Hopefully someone will chime in here. ;) Once the model is identified, you can download the parts manual from Crosmans website and get the part numbers you'll need to place the order. Or go aftermarket if you want something shiny.

Aside from that...fur hunting purposes...will suggest a poly tube mod, match the ports on the barrel and valve to the poly tube, smooth the forward angle of the transfer port a little...don't hog it out more than you have to.

That's pretty much all I did (I did make a delrin valve stem though) on my 2289...14" barrel will get 650fps with 14.3grain pellets on 15 pumps. IMO that's plenty for busting bunnies or gophers to ~35 yards without being too much in the way of pumping. If you bump up the striker spring preload, and pump more....25...have seen 14.3's go across the chrony at 720fps.

Al

1377x

you are correct no difference between hammer springs with the 1377,1322 and 2289
the challenger set up works on the 22xx guns different tube diameters
you are right about sourcing the springs from the hardware store thats where i get my heavy hammer springs for the discovery
they are to heavy for 1377 use.they are either .040 diameter or .045.
i can get the size,brand and part number when i go to the hardware store tomorrow.its an our best hardware store,couldnt find any useful springs at ace,menards,home depot or lowes. there is another  mom and pop
hardware store i will check out before the weeks over.
closed mouths dont get fed

0351_Vet

x2 p/n 1761-009 discovery hammer spring and p/n 1377-080 1377 trigger spring.
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

bigmap923

thank you! im new to all this and appreciate your help very much!!!