• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

BSA® .22 Red-Dot Riflescope

Started by Tater, September 16, 2012, 11:10:56 AM

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Almost everybody in this forum has this BSA RD30 I have 2 myself. No eye relief issues at all so it is not a problem..Yes the mounting system is reversible for Weaver or dovetail so there is no need for an adapter. Hope this helps. Best regards.

Crosshairs

I have the 30mm BSA red dot and like it alot  great for hunting and plinking. there good at 30 yards or less. It looks a lot like the one you want.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BSA_30mm_Red_Dot_Sight_3_8_and_Weaver_Mount/2944
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Tater

That definitely helps guys. The link posted is even cheaper then the one I was thinking of and like you said, they look identical.
Thanks for that link and the info both of you.

One last question: I was reading the thread about small dot sizes, how small is the one in the link? Small enough for target shooting or more for plinking?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Crosshairs

Quote from: Tater on September 16, 2012, 07:05:54 PM
That definitely helps guys. The link posted is even cheaper then the one I was thinking of and like you said, they look identical.
Thanks for that link and the info both of you.

One last question: I was reading the thread about small dot sizes, how small is the one in the link? Small enough for target shooting or more for plinking?
It's not bad i can make a real small group from 33 feet with it, the dot is small but there are some with a smaller dot.
                                                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

jdub

I have a couple and they work fine. Academy Sports in Plano, TX has them for around $25. 

jSan22

I have one. use my scopes more than I use it. its a bit odd to sight in, but someone said that they sighted it in with a bore sighter, so I may have to give it a try.

jdub

Quote from: jSan22 on September 16, 2012, 08:23:50 PM
I have one. use my scopes more than I use it. its a bit odd to sight in, but someone said that they sighted it in with a bore sighter, so I may have to give it a try.
I think they're pretty easy to sight in.  I'll take a couple shots at a blank white target with my gun on rest and making sure the dot is centered in the lens.   Then with my gun still on the rest, carefully adjust windage and elevation until the dot moves over the top of the holes I just shot.    It will require a couple minor tweaks after that but usually takes 4 or 5 minutes.  Sometimes much less.

JEBert

I have a BSA RD30 and I like it a lot.  However, when I first got it, the windage adjustments were marked backwards from how they worked.  That is, There is an arrow pointing counter-clockwize and it is marked L.  When I turn that screw counter-clockwise, the POI moves to the right.  Backwards from all of my other scopes and RD's.  However, once I figured that out, I had no trouble sighting it in and haven't had any trouble with it since.  Elevation screw works as marked.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)