• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pellet Gun Dinger Target

Started by PC77, September 20, 2012, 01:05:53 AM

PC77

I made this target out of scrap 2x4s metal parts i had laying around. My 2240 hits pretty hard some of the pellets stuck to the target. I can hit the metal plates at 30 feet offhand. My wife and i went to friends cabin for four days i had a good time shooting at the metal targets. :P
pc

1377x

thats cool! 8)
i need to make something like that
good job!
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

I've been wanting to make something like that! Nice job, love the stain  :-*

RC1947

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

breakfastchef

Neat idea! I may have to add something like this to my portable target stands.
Larry

Crosshairs

Nice job great idea.
       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

millipede

and i just have an old spoon hanging on a wire thats stuck in the ground   :(

BigErn

I really like that  8)  I think I'm going to copy that Sir!

sandpiper

Quote from: millipede on September 20, 2012, 08:17:14 AM
and i just have an old spoon hanging on a wire thats stuck in the ground   :(

That's a damn good idea millipede  :-*

BDS

Nice work! Another option (if you like targets to go "flyin") is to use the cheap cabinet door closer magnets, screwed in to your cross pieces top and bottom with the magnet face out towards you. I have one about twice the size of your "box" with about 8 of those magnets on it. Just stick the electrical covers on the magnet and let e'r rip!  :-*
Brian

PC77

Thank you for the good words! I had a good time building it and it is a lot of fun shooting it (i don't have to print or change targets) like others my body is pretty banged up so stuff like this gives me something to do but it takes me soooo long to do anything. On the plus side the wife really likes my new airgun hobby because it is so much cheaper than my powder burners. When i was building it i was not sure if the pellets were going to ricochet or not they don't they flatten out and almost fall straight down. When i was shooting BBs after hitting the target they pretty much just fell to the ground too.

The finish is Danish oil i had laying around i hand rubbed four coats and gave it two coats of paste wax.

Using magnets sounds like a good idea i will have to try it. :-*

I have advised my lawyers not to sew anyone that makes these targets so anyone who want to make one go right ahead. ;D
pc

ScotTex

Fronzdan

What I've always wanted to do, and will, if I can move into a house with more yard privacy, is to make something like this as well. Another target I was thinking of is an eyelet screwed into the top of a used Co2 cart.  Hang a few of those and it'll make some nice dingers too. Might as well use the darn things for something!

BDS

Quote from: PC77 on September 20, 2012, 05:54:46 PM
Thank you for the good words! I had a good time building it and it is a lot of fun shooting it (i don't have to print or change targets) like others my body is pretty banged up so stuff like this gives me something to do but it takes me soooo long to do anything. On the plus side the wife really likes my new airgun hobby because it is so much cheaper than my powder burners. When i was building it i was not sure if the pellets were going to ricochet or not they don't they flatten out and almost fall straight down. When i was shooting BBs after hitting the target they pretty much just fell to the ground too.

The finish is Danish oil i had laying around i hand rubbed four coats and gave it two coats of paste wax.

Using magnets sounds like a good idea i will have to try it. :-*

I have advised my lawyers not to sew anyone that makes these targets so anyone who want to make one go right ahead. ;D
pc

Good for you, and the wife too!  :-*
Brian