• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

chrono's

Started by Graemevw, October 11, 2012, 06:01:06 PM

Graemevw

What chronographs are you all using?

Ive heard some dont like co2 as it confuses the sensors, is this true?

Do the combro ones work ok with co2?

breakfastchef

I use a Shooting Chrony with Chrono Connect software on my laptop. I find the combination very useful. The blast of gas and oil from the muzzle can confuse a chronograph. Simple solution is to back up a little.
Larry

Graemevw

Apparantly you can put a bit of paper infront of the first ensor on the combro and it will stop the dirt/co2 from causing a problem. Sounds tedious though.

chiefs50

I use an F-1 Shooting Chrony.  I've had no problems with it.  I don't see how the CO2 gasses would confuse the sensors.  Just follow the instructions as to where to place the unit relative to the muzzle.  Think about it.  Many of us also use the Chrony with various firearms and the blast of muzzle gasses from my .223 Contender pistol or .30-30 is much more substantial than that from a 2240.

1377x

i use a f-1 chrony also works great the shop i frequent has an old oehler chronoghraph that my f-1 matches up to exactly.my gun shows 650fps on my f-1 it also shows 650fps on his oehler
the last i checked wally world had the best prices on the chrony amazon is also another good source for them
i have the chrono connect so all my numbers read out on the computer.it comes with a decent length cord and installation software.
im going to run the first test with the chrono connect tomorrow
closed mouths dont get fed

JMJinNC

Combro CB625 Mk4. I have a Stot USB cable to connect it to my Mac & PC. I have Chrono Connect software for the PC and MacCombro for my Mac.

I really like the Combro as it is insanely small and easy to use. It's also relatively inexpensive.

JMJ
John

Graemevw

And you use the combro on a co2 gun?

JMJinNC

Quote from: Graemevw on October 12, 2012, 04:11:57 PM
And you use the combro on a co2 gun?

Sorry - no, I have a 1377 carbine & a springer.

JMJ
John