• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Done some shooting with my modified P-Rod

Started by gdm620, October 14, 2012, 02:59:27 PM

gdm620

Well I haven't posted much lately.  Been busy but have been doing some shooting from time to time. I just haven't posted about it.  Yesterday it was raining here so I went to the basement and shot my p-rod.  I can squeeze in a 20 yard range down there.  I recently done a Bstaley o-rig mod and drilled out (.110) my TP for more power and smoother shot sting.  So far I like the mods.  I went from 650ish to 755ish with a 16 shot string that is within 10psi.  Below is my one shot one kill target I made.  I have to hit every dot or the world will end :-X.  I guess we all live another day.  This was shot at 20 yard rested on a bench from one fill of 2400 psi.  That is where my best shot string starts.  I used Crosman 14.3 domes from the 500 tins.  My P-rod like them better then the better boxed ones.  This is good because they are so much cheaper in the tins.  This is my favorite air gun right now.  I'm am hook on hpa.

Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

breakfastchef

The world is a safer place with you at the trigger, Gary.
Larry

1377x

nice shooting!
i wish i had 20 yards to shoot
closed mouths dont get fed

gdm620

;D  Thank Larry.

Ed I shoot mostly outside.  I like to be outside and I live in town so I drive out to the county to shoot.  I like to just get away and relax.  I wished I could shoot outside here in town but just don't have a safe place to do that with the way the neighbor hood is layed out.  It is a really tight fit to get 20 yards in the basement.  I have to shoot with my bench up against a wall and my back against the wall.  Then I have a 10 inch area to miss a post that holds the house up.  Most of the time if I shoot down there I shoot 10 or 15 yards.  I can do that more comfortably.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Crosshairs

Very nice shooting i love shooting my P Rod, i may have to do a mod or two she is bone stock.
                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

gdm620

Quote from: 0351_Vet on October 14, 2012, 04:56:52 PM
Thanks for saving us and the world.  :-*

Lets see that P-Rod Brotha.  ;)

Also, Is this the Mod you did?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1346083856/Bstaley+buffer+mod+picstory+for+a+P-rod

Yes that is the mod.  Easy to do.

I posted this pic on here before but here it is again.

Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

gdm620

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 14, 2012, 05:02:57 PM
Very nice shooting i love shooting my P Rod, i may have to do a mod or two she is bone stock.
                                   Mike

Thanks Mike.  I like tinkering with things and I use this to hunt with so I wanted a little more punch.  Dilling the TP gave more velocity with my stock spring, and the o-ring mod helped keep the shot string more even.  It was easy to do.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

markasaurus

That's a nice setup you have for your pistol, how did you mount the weaver mount?  Any pics? 
Have you considered a folding stock?  I am planning to fit mine with one someday, i assume you are using the marmotmilitia stock adapter or something else?
Regarding your pellet trap, what stops the pellets? 

onebaddj

Good shooting. Id would have made it to the last one and shanked it. Lol i found about 30 boxes of those little dots in the trash at work and snagged them for the same use. They work great.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

arkmaker †

Great shooting! Glad we see another day!!
Really like the set up you have there. Nothing but good reviews from the p-rod owners club  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

gdm620

Quote from: markasaurus on October 14, 2012, 10:59:42 PM
That's a nice setup you have for your pistol, how did you mount the weaver mount?  Any pics? 
Have you considered a folding stock?  I am planning to fit mine with one someday, i assume you are using the marmotmilitia stock adapter or something else?
Regarding your pellet trap, what stops the pellets?

Hi Mark
The stock adapter I made myself out of aluminum and painted it with black truck bed liner.  The pellet trap i made the other day.  It is filled with ground up landscape rubber (tires) that I got from Menards.  It is really quiet and stops the pellet really well.  I have a 1/8" thick peice of metal on the back just incase.  I have another pellet trap I made and it has duct seal in it.  I like the rubber mulch better.  Both work great though.  The rubber is cheaper then buying all the duct seal.  $8 for s 30lb bag which is just right for my trap.  I use a piece of cardboard to hold the mulch in.  It is easy to replace when it gets shot up.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

gdm620

Quote from: onebaddj on October 14, 2012, 11:06:08 PM
Good shooting. Id would have made it to the last one and shanked it. Lol i found about 30 boxes of those little dots in the trash at work and snagged them for the same use. They work great.
Trust me I mess up plenty.  I was having a great shooting session that day.  Some days I can't hit crap. Plus I use the regular crosman domes so I do get flyers was in a while.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

gdm620

Quote from: arkmaker on October 15, 2012, 12:02:11 AM
Great shooting! Glad we see another day!!
Really like the set up you have there. Nothing but good reviews from the p-rod owners club  :-*

Thanks.  I really like mine.  I got really lucky with this one.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel