• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Dialing in my new 2240 and sight

Started by matty, October 15, 2012, 04:08:53 AM

matty

Well I finally got a chance to take some time and dial in the 2240 I recently put together.  I have never shot through a red dot sight nor have I ever shot an air gun pistol that's so "long".

When I started, it was pretty obvious it was shooting down and to the left.  You can see in the picture how the shot pattern progressed as I slowly dialed it in at 10 meters.

Once I felt pretty good about where the shots were landing, I got a fresh target and did some fine-tuning.  I also experimented with the dot size and got more used to the gun.

I was pretty happy with this grouping  :)

Next set - the blue tape was out of my pure laziness and not wanting to print another target.

So far I'm really happy with this gun and I am so glad I went with the TKO brake recommendation.  It's amazing how quiet it shoots!

1377x

looks good you will adjust to the red dot as you get used to it
you can shoot both eyes open with a red dot gives a whole new experience to shooting
i feel like the terminator when using a red dot look for the target with one ane use the dot as my pupil with the other.hitting moving targets is a breeze
closed mouths dont get fed

matty

The red dot definitely took some getting used to.  It was a bright day and I started out with it way too small.

I'm going to give the both eyes open thing a shot as I imagine it will help with eye fatigue.

chongman

Very cool matty! I was shooting (with a LDC) the other day from my front step and the squirrels walked right on by :) I don't shoot at them, they are not a problem in my area.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...