• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Shrouded Barrel

Started by cohiba, October 15, 2012, 11:20:56 PM

cohiba

Good afternoon Fine Gents!!!!

I was looking at the Crosmods version of the 13XX. If you have a fully shrouded barrel, that thing would be whisper quiet wouldnt it? i am thinking like my Marauder rife .22, its so damn quiet.

Thanks

1377x

i you got the parts that crosmods sells for the shroud it will quet it down
closed mouths dont get fed

cohiba

so your referring to the inserts inside the shroud? Once i go full shroud i cant get a muzzle brake for it, but i do want it to be whisper quiet.

breakfastchef

A shrouded barrel may be effective to some degree. Several folks out there make these things. On a 1377, you would need a high-rise breech or a breech riser to provide clearance for a shroud.
Larry

cohiba

Quote from: breakfastchef on October 15, 2012, 11:24:28 PM
A shrouded barrel may be effective to some degree. Several folks out there make these things. On a 1377, you would need a high-rise breech or a breech riser to provide clearance for a shroud.

I would go with their breech for sure, that will accomodate the shroud

Trophyhunter49

You WILL need their breech if you get their shroud. I have both,but put them on for looks for now.

breakfastchef

Quote from: cohiba on October 15, 2012, 11:24:04 PM
so your referring to the inserts inside the shroud? Once i go full shroud i cant get a muzzle brake for it, but i do want it to be whisper quiet.

You should contact Crosmods about this. As I understand, the further the shroud goes past the muzzle, the more baffles you can add. The extra baffles may be what you need. The only full shroud I own is one Mike at TKO installed on a vintage Crosman pistol. The pellet striking the target is significantly louder than the gun.
Larry