• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Attention: People at Crosman

Started by Squallywally, October 16, 2012, 02:48:16 PM

Squallywally

Illinois has lifted restrictions on the shipment of .177 caliber air guns as well as larger calibers up to 700 fps.
You Should too!

There are many customers here in Illinois who would like to buy airguns directly from you as we'll as the custom shop.

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

SW: Post on Facebook and also send (old school) fax to Crosman, c/o Chip Hunnicutt.  (585) 657-5405

Even in 2012, faxes get read more than email or FB postings, paper can't be ignored!  :-*
Brian

Squallywally

Wait for it, I am not on Facebook.
Maybe a fellow Illinoisan can post it up on Facebook.
I will fax chip though thanks for the number :-*

1377x

are you serious?
i have a friend in illinois he went to grab a pellet gun the other day they asked him for his foid card he laughed at them thinking they was joking
he told them he isnt going to use his foid card to buy a pellet gun.
im going to have to let him know this
where did you get this information so i can pass it along
if you are a member of the yellow,green or gta chip hunicutt posts there and crosman has a gate on gta with active posters
closed mouths dont get fed

Squallywally

Illinois state police website on e FOID facts page (definition of a firearm)
Any gun .18 in caliber and over and shoots 700 fps or greater is a firearm in the state of Illinois.
Just recently they removed over 700 fps .177 caliber from the firearms list.
So in Illinois there are very few .22 caliber pellet guns you can purchase or own without a FOID card. Of course you can travel out of state to purchase and bring it home. You still have to have a FOID card to possess it.

So you want to buy that .22 benjamin discovery at the dicks sporting goods, you will have to give them your FOID card and wait the appropriate time for the background check, and have the gun registered.

It is against the law to purchase firearms over the Internet  or by other means and have them shipped to you directly. They must be purchased and registered through an FFL dealer.

There are some municipalities that have heavy restrictions on air guns including Red Ryders.

In order to avoid the confusion, crosman just blanket bans complete gun sales to Illinois and other states with shipping/firearm restrictions. I can't buy a crosman 760 directly from crosman because they won't ship it, even though it isn't restricted.

Sadly, it's just as confusing for retailers too. As stated in other threads, crosman has produced a few guns for Illinois markets only that shoot 695fps. Ie benjamin Titan, crosman fury are two examples.
I had to show my FOID card the other day to purchase a 500 tin of Daisy Precision max wadcutters in .177, Not required by the state but the store doesn't know so just requires it anyway.

ignantmike

mudduck48

Quote from: Squallywally on October 17, 2012, 02:49:26 AM
Illinois state police website on e FOID facts page (definition of a firearm)
Any gun .18 in caliber and over and shoots 700 fps or greater is a firearm in the state of Illinois.
Just recently they removed over 700 fps .177 caliber from the firearms list.
So in Illinois there are very few .22 caliber pellet guns you can purchase or own without a FOID card. Of course you can travel out of state to purchase and bring it home. You still have to have a FOID card to possess it.

So you want to buy that .22 benjamin discovery at the dicks sporting goods, you will have to give them your FOID card and wait the appropriate time for the background check, and have the gun registered.

It is against the law to purchase firearms over the Internet  or by other means and have them shipped to you directly. They must be purchased and registered through an FFL dealer.

There are some municipalities that have heavy restrictions on air guns including Red Ryders.

In order to avoid the confusion, crosman just blanket bans complete gun sales to Illinois and other states with shipping/firearm restrictions. I can't buy a crosman 760 directly from crosman because they won't ship it, even though it isn't restricted.

Sadly, it's just as confusing for retailers too. As stated in other threads, crosman has produced a few guns for Illinois markets only that shoot 695fps. Ie benjamin Titan, crosman fury are two examples.
I had to show my FOID card the other day to purchase a 500 tin of Daisy Precision max wadcutters in .177, Not required by the state but the store doesn't know so just requires it anyway.
And you thought you lived in the USA where you are free. Sounds like you live in the USSA. Can't buy a bb gun? What next? We all need to move to Arizona where you can carry a loaded firearm on you and in your car with out a permit.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Tater

I can't even find Pelgunoil here at Walmart, Dick's.....
Had to order it from Crosman today.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

chongman

It's a sad state of affairs in the land of the free and home of the brave. It's time to buy what you can, when you can, build up your stash and armory.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Squallywally

Actually it is getting slightly better in Illinois.
At least I can order a high power .177 via the Internet.
A couple of months ago I couldn't.

Conceal and carry with permit is close.
Classes are available all over Illinois, just not legal yet.

mudduck48

Quote from: Tater on October 20, 2012, 12:36:26 AM
I can't even find Pelgunoil here at Walmart, Dick's.....
Had to order it from Crosman today.
I have been to 4 store around here and I can't find Pelgunoil either. Going to have to order it from PA. unless someone know where to get cheaper.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Quote from: mudduck48 on October 20, 2012, 03:02:13 AM
I have been to 4 store around here and I can't find Pelgunoil either. Going to have to order it from PA. unless someone know where to get cheaper.

If you need to order other things from Crosman and want to add it to the order to save on shipping, the part number is just 0241.
I just ordered some today and it was $3.29.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

laptopdragon

sad to hear this..
   what about nail guns ?
or model rockets ?
i think potato guns load a .25 caliber potato projectile...are they locked down too?

my god the laws are ridiculous.