• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Shot Grouping Question

Started by matty, October 20, 2012, 07:38:17 PM

matty

So as mentioned earlier here are a couple pictures of the last round.  I am really starting to get the feel of the gun and practice definitely helps too.

Eight shots per target:

Just goofing around for the last of it - ~24 shots:

I have also ordered the Crosman stock - maybe I'll use it for this gun or another future one. :)

1377x

major improvement!!! :-* :-*
practice practice and then practice some more
youre about ready for the monthly comps ;)
nice shooting!
closed mouths dont get fed

targettgii

Wow those groups are getting better keep up the good work. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

jSan22

thats great improvement. id also suggest lightening the trigger spring. it helps when shooting at long range (20-50 yards) that stock trigger spring is heavy as hell, and if you keep it on, it will be impossible to not jerk the trigger and mess up the shot with that spring. before i got my light trigger spring, i couldnt get shots on anything past 20 yards with iron sights because that jerk is so much more of a problem at longer ranges. with it, 20 yards is easy, and i can do 35 yards with iron sights as long is ive got the right amount of holdover.
also, id get the new trigger with the wider face.

matty

Thanks!

Yes, I am looking in to some kind of trigger modification.  Where do you get something like that?

JEBert

QuoteDoes it matter whether it's 5 or 10 meters?
The farther you shoot, the larger your group is going to be if everything else is the same.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

jSan22

well, you can order the new model trigger from crosman (provided you dont already have the wider trigger with the black paintjob) and you can get the spring from a kit at home depot. just bring it in and have them look at it. they will come up with something. and make SURE you ask for a lighter spring.

matty

Ended up removing the spring and compressing it in a C clamp.  Feels much better now.

Sir William

"Trouble with PISTOLS and Sucky triggers  is as your finger pressure increases against trigger, your entire hand tenses up !!
Trigger sear finally breaks loose and your hand twitchs from the muscle tension"

This little thought right chere from Motorhead helped my groups a tight little bunch.

Ya gotta "squeez" the trigger - not pull it.  I had forgotten! thanks for the thought! :)

Crosshairs

As i always say trigger pull is key to get a good group dont try to hit the bull by moving your sights to a different spot on the target aim at the same spot with 5 shots and you will make a group and do it from a rest.
                                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

mudduck48

My master taught me, take a deap breath, as you exhale, squeze the trigger. It slowes down your heart and you can shoot better.
Don't look at the front sight, look at the target and the sights will line up.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Tater

Quote from: Sir William on October 24, 2012, 03:27:52 AM
"Trouble with PISTOLS and Sucky triggers  is as your finger pressure increases against trigger, your entire hand tenses up !!
Trigger sear finally breaks loose and your hand twitchs from the muscle tension"

This little thought right chere from Motorhead helped my groups a tight little bunch.

Ya gotta "squeez" the trigger - not pull it.  I had forgotten! thanks for the thought! :)

That should be written in stone somewhere.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

fast14riot

and don't forget, aim small, miss small.

I use only my middle finger and the web of my thumb to hold the pistol.  The finger pulls it back just enough to hold it steady.  the rest of my hand barely touches the grip and my little finger does not at all.  focus on pulling the trigger straight back, dry fire practice with a tiny dot on the wall across the room will show you which way the gun moves as you pull the trigger.

if you don't like the sight picture and stance after 5 seconds, dont shoot.  reset your stance and try again.  Close your eyes and put the pistol up where you think the target is, just like aiming, open your eyes and see where you're sighted.  Adjust your feet to bring the gun on target, not your arms.  repeat this again until you find your natural stance that keeps you on target.  your groups will tighten up after that.

-Xander