• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

anybody know how far behind charles mellon is?

Started by millipede, October 26, 2012, 08:03:38 AM

1377x

Quote from: targettgii on October 27, 2012, 03:02:51 AM
I ordered parts from Mr. Mellon on the 8th of this month when I get them I get them if it goes 6 wks I might call him.
call him for what?
in big red letters up above says you order ships when ready.if you closer it says because of interruptions like answering e-mails i can only assume call as well interupt work time too.unless you asking for a refund there is no need to bother the man.let him do his thing instead of holding up progress
i knew the deal when i ordered my solid pin,.177 extended bolt and something else i ordered still havent opened the packs up.it took 7-8 weeks not once did i even think about bothering him because he states he is behind and the order ships when it ships.no reason to hold him up with a wheres my stuff.
closed mouths dont get fed

targettgii

I was saying I put in my order when I get my parts I get them. I should have said maybe meaning I have read it and mean that I am not going to push him..
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Trophyhunter49

natoround

Quote from: millipede on October 26, 2012, 06:56:53 PM
hm..  i work from home by myself and sometimes i think about hiring help when it gets really busy, but then i realize just how much that would actually cost.
Getting the  right person to make it  work my be  a  deal  breaker of course. I work  for a  big investment outfit that buys companies and they throw a  lot of money at things trying  to grow the companies they buy. Growing a  business doesn't always work. Most would rather try to expand  than sit  still.Most see what they think they can make and  consider it a  loss if they don't try. If you don't ask a girl to  dance then  you told yourself no.

Trophyhunter49

Got an email from C. Mellon , Flat Top piston on the way :-* :-*

1377x

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on October 27, 2012, 10:02:53 AM
Got an email from C. Mellon , Flat Top piston on the way :-* :-*
congrats you made it through the grouling test of time
what was your wait period?

bgmcgee

I got some parts this week from Mellon. Order was placed on Sep 4 so it was about 6 weeks.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: 1377x on October 27, 2012, 10:15:20 AM
congrats you made it through the grouling test of time
what was your wait period?
Order was placed on Oct. 17 .

Fronzdan

The best approach is order it and forget it.  Then you get a pleasant surprise when you get that ship notice.

Trophyhunter49

1377x

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on October 27, 2012, 03:13:23 PM
  Order was placed on Oct. 17 .
wow that was fast others placed their orders before you and have not received them yet

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on October 27, 2012, 07:52:23 PM
wow that was fast others placed their orders before you and have not received them yet

Maybe he "slipped him a little somthin' ".   ;D  Ya know, for priority shipping.   ;)
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Trophyhunter49

1377x

he probably does runs.makes a hundred pistons then what ever else he makes.i suppose the larger your order the longer it takes

Fronzdan

I must have placed 6 orders with Charlie over the past year and that's definitely the case. Larger orders that cover a broader selection of his parts seem to take longer.