• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

WyoMan

Its not uncommon to have to make some slight alterations on the parts Ninja.....good job  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Mark5043

I'm about done with my first attempt at custom grips.These are solid epoxy resin,and hydro dipped in CF,all the way around.."Front,and back"They fit perfectly.Though there is room for improvement,I learned some things while making these,which will be applied to the next set.Also made some light switch covers for the Man cave.Compounded,and polished out the switch plates so they're glass like.Went medium luster on the grips,to avoid an all out assault on the retinas,and to make them more comfortable,with a better grip.Crappy day for weather here in California,so the pic isn't stellar.These really pop in direct sunlight...

BigErn

Quote from: Mark5043 on July 16, 2013, 08:30:16 PM
I'm about done with my first attempt at custom grips.These are solid epoxy resin,and hydro dipped in CF,all the way around.."Front,and back"They fit perfectly.Though there is room for improvement,I learned some things while making these,which will be applied to the next set.Also made some light switch covers for the Man cave.Compounded,and polished out the switch plates so they're glass like.Went medium luster on the grips,to avoid an all out assault on the retinas,and to make them more comfortable,with a better grip.Crappy day for weather here in California,so the pic isn't stellar.These really pop in direct sunlight...

Good stuff there Mark, that looks really cool  8)

Mark5043

Thanks Big Ern,working on a pump arm to go with the grips,for an upcoming build.

BDS

Very nice Mark,,, and you are taking orders how soon?  :D
Brian

Mark5043

Thanks Brian.Still working on my technique,and working out the bugs,but should have some available pretty soon.

KevinP

Wow they look way to cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a must have ............. :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Mark5043

Thanks Kevin..Here's a pic of the backside.

chongman

Wow Mark, looks fantastic.... from one CF nut to another I love it!

I do waterslide decal carbon fiber on 1/43rd and 1/20th scale Formula 1 model cars in the wintertime. Here's a picture or two...

Gloss black base, masking tape template.

Cf decaled, multiple coats of gloss lacquer, polished out.

Completed seat.

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Mark5043

Sweeeet! That's some really nice work Chongman.I'm new to dipping,and will probably back tape,the next set of grips to avoid stretching of the pattern

BigErn

Quote from: chongman on July 16, 2013, 09:24:36 PM
Wow Mark, looks fantastic.... from one CF nut to another I love it!

I do waterslide decal carbon fiber on 1/43rd and 1/20th scale Formula 1 model cars in the wintertime. Here's a picture or two...

Gloss black base, masking tape template.

Cf decaled, multiple coats of gloss lacquer, polished out.

Completed seat.

That's sick chongman!!!

Tater

Very cool stuff Mark and Chongman.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

targettgii

That is very cool stuff guys. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

bgmcgee

The talents never cease to amaze me here. That stuff is way cool. Dang I really feel below average now. ;D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

Quote from: Mark5043 on July 16, 2013, 09:24:02 PM
Thanks Kevin..Here's a pic of the backside.

Thanks for posting the photos. I have considered using a hydrographics kit on a future build so any tips you throw out there would be useful.
Larry