What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

GreyCoyote

Thanks.  With spring coming early to the Northwest, I hope to soon be out using it much more.  Its long enough that I may finally learn how to shoot rifles.  ;)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed sheepdog contesting the vote.

Jauvesst

sanded and repainted grip frame, filed and polished shear and backside of the trigger. installed flat piston, breech, extended hollow probe, lw barrel and grips. sanded and oiled frontgrip and testfitted everything

frontgrip will likely be waxed to match the grips and piston might need adjusting. whole thing needs to be properly lubed but ive been at it for long enough today

KevinP

Busy day  ... lookin good  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

ettolo

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

Jauvesst

its coming along nicely. but apparently my moly grease was lost during moving so will be a bit before its finished. anyone got a good way to remove wax from grips? it doesnt show well in the crappy phone picture as i had just put on a makeshift layer of oil but the front grip is matte and the grips are very glossy from the oil+bee wax finish and id rather have them both matte. if i cant remove the wax properly from the grips ill likely wax the front grip/pump arm aswell to make it a matching pair

ettolo

To remove wax gently warm the wood and dry with absorbent paper... you'll have to do that many times
you could also try with a cloth with turpentine, but that could ruin the color

1377x

Finally got a gun that needs work
Jans22 sent me his gun to work on and it made me miss building guns. Unfortunately. My local crosman repair station retired. So if i want parts i have to order from crosman now and wont get the great prices that i was spoiled with.
closed mouths dont get fed

RC1947

Using a book matched set of Leopardwood knife scales, I made another set of grips for my P-1.  The finger notches are part of an insert by Pearce.  RC

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

RC1947

Thanks Kevin.  It's a pretty cool looking wood.  RC

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

GreyCoyote

I swapped a new trigger group into my 1740 and used it as an excuse to do a full tear down.  When putting it back together, I polished the hammer, deburred the air tube, and moly'd the hammer and tube.  The new trigger group has a brass trigger, safety, and sear guide from Airgunsmith.  The sear was polished on the hammer and the trigger contact points.  The trigger was polished where it meets the sear.  Everything seems to work.  The trigger has a little bit of take up and a clean break.  The hammer moves much smoother when the gun is cocked, so I expect it is moving better when it is released. Now if it will only stop raining so I can get out and do some shooting.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed sheepdog contesting the vote.

bgmcgee

I just finished up a rebuild of a mk1 for forum member spider1960. Dennis bought it but it wouldn't hold gas and Charles aka Mudduck suggested to him to send it on down to me. After a couple of orings and new valve stem from mac 1 she is a shooter again. :-*  Going to let it sit a couple of days just to make sure it's holding but I'm pretty sure all is good. I'll run it over the  hrony this weekend and see where it's shooting but as of right now I'll say its right where it should be if not a little hotter.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"