• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

BigErn

Quote from: BDS on November 28, 2012, 04:12:44 PM
Ernesto! What's the part number of those grips?

Me need e'm bad :D

Here you go B. They were under $2.00 each, I got two pairs.

1700-031
1700-032

BDS

Brian

PC77

My son in law gave me a nice piece of birch so i made a stand like Arkmaker's. I still have to put a finish on it but i have to wait until rain stops to do it.
pc

BigErn

Quote from: PC77 on November 28, 2012, 06:04:31 PM
My son in law gave me a nice piece of birch so i made a stand like Arkmaker's. I still have to put a finish on it but i have to wait until rain stops to do it.
pc

Nice!!!!

chongman

Dig the stand  :-*

One of these days I'll have to make some kinda deal with ya  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

0351_Vet

Good stuff there....I like it.  :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PC77

Thank's for the kind words. I had fun making it. I have parts cut to make another one. I took another pic of it with my PC77 carbine on it.
pc

targettgii

That's a nice stand you made there PC.Saw you have the Crosman power adjuster on that 22xx how is that working for you.I was wondering because I bought one and have yet to use it.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

PC77

To be honest i thought it shot better with out the powder adjuster. With the powder adjuster turned all the way in their is a noticeable increase in powder but it also makes it a gas hog. My 2240 shoots pretty good with it screwed out 3/4 the way out. I want to work with it more when i get a longer barrel and a chrono.
pc

1377x

i cold blued a barrel today messed up a couple times but the end result was a rich blue barrel.kinda reminds me of the black hair drawn in anime drawings where the hair is blue also
the barrel is covered wellcant see any bare metal.its just that the color is not the black i was expecting but a dark blue and when you look at it from different directions the blue color is really noticable.but i can say when i was rinsing and using the very fine steel wool no bluing rubbed of i used a white towel and it stayed white.right now its soking in motor oil overnight will see what it looks like in the am
closed mouths dont get fed

targettgii

Thanks for the info something to think about ,I am going to put a 1322 barrel on my 2240 just as soon as I put the new barrel on my 1322.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

JEBert

1377x,
What cold blue priduct did you use?  The last time I tried some, I used Birchwood Casey's Perma Blue and it never would get dark.  It is still a light grey.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Fronzdan

Same experience I had with Casey's Permanent Blue....just kind of darkened it a little.

JEBert

Ed,
Nevermind.  I see in another thread you used the same product I did.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

yeah i used the same stuff
it got dark but not black its a blue color no grey
the experiment barrel is grey and only 2 coats.the matal can be seen also
the blue barrel is about 7-10 coates i lost count and just kept going until it wouldnt get any darker and i couldnt see any metal
i'll take pics when i get home in about an hour
i heated the barrel before applying the bluing solution and followed the instructions on the bottle
it was clean and degrease saturated swab but i used a rag .wiped it on the barrel left it for a minute as the instructions said.rinsed with cold water dried with towel polished with steel wool.then cleaned degreased ,heated barrel added blue 1 minute later rinsed wiped dry polished with steel wool and repeated the process until i couldnt see the metal any more.
then i rinsed dried poilshed with steel wool heated motor oil heated barrel soaked barrel over night now when i get home i'll see what that did
i know i used a white towel to dry and no blue came off.i think the heat has something to do with the blue sticking
closed mouths dont get fed