• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

targettgii

Bore sighted my 2240 took about minutes I used one of the CP lazer models.Dog and cat enjoyed it also.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

cmj21973

Made an aluminium CO2 cover for a SA6. :-*

quickster47 †

In building up a new 2240 gun for one of my friends I ran into a problem with adding a front sight.  The problem occurs when cutting the barrel to a length of around 6" or less and in my case it was to be a 6" barrel.  Using the OEM 2240 tube and gas cap there is just not much room for the conventional sight.  And I really didn't want to add a red dot or scope.

So what to do. Ponder... Ponder... Ponder...  Ah, an idea, and this is only the first attempt.  It will be refined because it works out pretty darn good.

Okay I took an 8-32 stainless screw with a long thread-less shoulder and cut it to the proper length, which took some fiddling to get it just right.  Then I cut the threaded end so that it will work in the front barrel band and Voila!!!

Carl

More on this later...

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BigErn

Quote from: quickster47 on February 17, 2013, 03:01:23 PM
In building up a new 2240 gun for one of my friends I ran into a problem with adding a front sight.  The problem occurs when cutting the barrel to a length of around 6" or less and in my case it was to be a 6" barrel.  Using the OEM 2240 tube and gas cap there is just not much room for the conventional sight.  And I really didn't want to add a red dot or scope.

So what to do. Ponder... Ponder... Ponder...  Ah, an idea, and this is only the first attempt.  It will be refined because it works out pretty darn good.

Okay I took an 8-32 stainless screw with a long thread-less shoulder and cut it to the proper length, which took some fiddling to get it just right.  Then I cut the threaded end so that it will work in the front barrel band and Voila!!!

Carl

More on this later...

I did this on my 2240 a while back and it works! I used a long SS set screw.

breakfastchef

Quote from: quickster47 on February 17, 2013, 03:01:23 PMOkay I took an 8-32 stainless screw with a long thread-less shoulder and cut it to the proper length, which took some fiddling to get it just right.  Then I cut the threaded end so that it will work in the front barrel band and Voila!!!

Existing holes are often very useful. Nice machining job on the screw.
Larry

BigErn

Finished the polish job on my grip frame  :D  If you are thinking about doing this, it took me 8 hours to finish  :o

chongman

Dang that's nice  :o

What will you use to protect it?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BigErn

Quote from: chongman on February 18, 2013, 03:24:51 PM
Dang that's nice  :o

What will you use to protect it?

Not sure yet chong  ???  What do you do?

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

WyoMan

Absolutely Beau-ti-ful!!! I see ZAMAC can bling up nice  :-*
Thanks for posting  :) .....wonder if a lacquer or clear coat protection would work  ???
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

earlp8

quickster47 †

Lots of hard work but it really did pay off.  Nice polish job.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

chongman

Quote from: BigErn on February 18, 2013, 03:35:22 PM
Not sure yet chong  ???  What do you do?

A clear coat over bare metal is tricky, can change the look. Because it's going to be handled, even more so. I've not tried anything on a frame yet.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

arkmaker †

Car wax? I tried some ICE on a brass muzzle brake, but it to soon to tell if it will slow the tarnish effect. What about Mothers for aluminum?
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

RC1947

ERN, you have earned (pun intended) your ranking as a prince of mods.  Your work is always superb!! RC