• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Trophyhunter49

Had to reseal the PHoenix today.blew an o-ring. Now have toreset the scope.  O well don't have anything else to do on Friday. LOL ;D ;D ;D

markasaurus

Replaced the barrel on my Marauder pistol with another factory one.   After about 1500 pellets of almost every brand you could name (H and N field target trophy best, Gamo the worst), I was not satisfied with the accuracy of the one that came with it.  I took a chance, ordered one for $25 and the one they sent two weeks later, looked like it has a good crown.  I polished the bore with blue max metal polish then JB non embedding, not sure if that made any difference.  Then installed it.  After about 200 rounds the barrel seems to be leading up to normal and accuracy is getting a LITTLE better then the old barrel. 
Thinking of changing the transfer port too, i'd like to get 800 FPS out of it.  From the youtube video where the guy tests all sizes of transfer ports he made - seems like maximum velocity combined with most number of shots means a transfer port of about .110 or .111 i.d. (the factory one is sized .080).    Getting ready to try some RWS Hypermax pellets which are made of aluminum, i think, from the looks of them.  But at $10 for 80 they are quite dear.  If they are accurate though i will gladly buy more.   

My goal is a gun that will be a good squirrel and rat or rabbit killer one day, when i leave california (the closest shooting range costs $18 per person and does NOT ALLOW PELLET GUNS...no reason given, just "not permitted".  Go figure!).  There is a niche market that somebody should really fill, for P-rod components you can;t get from crosman.  Your only barrel choices are the $25 benjamin barrel from crosman (at that price i'm not surprised so many barrels prove innacurate right out of the box) OR the Walther barrel from Jim Gaska for $130.  I'm not saying the walther barrels aren't worth it - the detail photos people have taken of stock bore vs. walther bore show the high level of bore machining in the wwalther, plus  Mr Gaska has to do a lot of machining to make the barrels simply bolt in.  But there ought to be SOMEthing else available for this otherwise very good PCP air gun. 

BDS

markasaurus: haven't seen you on here lately, glad you are stopping by again... "leave California" ? I did that years ago and moved to Idaho where we have about 1 million square acres of open space to shoot, hunt, fish or whatever. US Forest Service + BLM + State owned land in total is about 60% of the state!  I think we even have a state law that you MUST have a gun in your truck  :D ;D
Brian

KevinP

US Forest Service + BLM + State owned land in total is about 60% of the state!  I think we even have a state law that you MUST have a gun in your truck

My kind of state ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

seagullplayer

I fine tuned the scope and reset my laser on my 1377 this week.

Also finally got the safety spring and ball back in my 1322 after the polish job I did on the trigger over a month ago!  (I do see improvement in the trigger)

Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

ped

Quote from: BDS on March 29, 2013, 03:26:37 PM
markasaurus: haven't seen you on here lately, glad you are stopping by again... "leave California" ? I did that years ago and moved to Idaho where we have about 1 million square acres of open space to shoot, hunt, fish or whatever. US Forest Service + BLM + State owned land in total is about 60% of the state!  I think we even have a state law that you MUST have a gun in your truck  :D ;D
if i ever get the opportunity to live your side of the pond i recon idaho could be the place
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BDS

Your welcome here anytime ped, got a 2900 sq ft home and a 10 meter airgun range in the garage, 25 meters in the backyard.  Those 1 million square acres I noted start about 2 miles up river from the house!  :D
Brian

bgmcgee

That's one heck of a back yard.  :-*
Today I got started on my little project

Should have them done tomorrow, got to let the glue dry, then its off to the mail . Hopefully they meet expectations. :-X
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BDS

backyard in quotes "backyard"... that pic is about 1 mile from my place looking north up the Payette River, more pine trees than a 100 folks could count in a 100 lifetimes.
Brian

ped

that looks a nice back yard brian sure beats the conjested uk although we have some good scenery
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

WyoMan

I made this from a stainless steel 8-32 pan head.....can anyone guess what it is  ???
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

breakfastchef

Quote from: WyoMan on March 30, 2013, 03:14:52 AM
I made this from a stainless steel 8-32 pan head.....can anyone guess what it is  ???

Sight pin
Larry

WyoMan

Was it obvious Mr Chef...... next time I'll get you earlier in the day.....this may be part of Gauntlet 2  ???
Wyo

quickster47 †

Quote from: WyoMan on March 30, 2013, 03:30:24 AM
Was it obvious Mr Chef...... next time I'll get you earlier in the day.....this may be part of Gauntlet 2  ???

Did you use a Sharpie for the red or food coloring or what?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

WyoMan

Quote from: quickster47 on March 30, 2013, 03:55:11 AM
Did you use a Sharpie for the red or food coloring or what?

Carl

Wow you guys are good.....a sharpie it was Carl....give a translucent color on stainless  :)
Wyo