• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

crossliner

Quote from: Paul55 on November 06, 2013, 07:31:22 PM
I sanded down a spare grip frame ready for another go at painting it.  The paint just chipped off my last attempt.  Now  I've given it a few coats of primer I can see I may have gone a bit too heavy with the Dremel  :(  The Push  inscription has gone above the safety & I can see some icky scratches from sanding  ???  Need some finer grit methinks!

Hi Mr. Paul. You should have had them beadblasted..I don't blame you though because where you are from the process might be too expensive. Had mine blasted for around $2.00 for the lot including some flashlights prior to powdercoating. Powdercoating for the lot was very cheap too. The more you have items powdercoated the cheaper it goes. It was done by the biggest biggest powdercoating company in the Philippines btw you can see the quality. Finish is semi gloss. Regards..

Trophyhunter49

started on my new build today! 2240 with .177 cal. 24" barrel. Pics t follow in new post later ;) lots of stuff to do to it  ;) ;) :-X

Paul55

Quote from: crossliner on November 08, 2013, 01:38:12 AM

Hi Mr. Paul. You should have had them beadblasted..I don't blame you though because where you are from the process might be too expensive. Had mine blasted for around $2.00 for the lot including some flashlights prior to powdercoating. Powdercoating for the lot was very cheap too. The more you have items powdercoated the cheaper it goes. It was done by the biggest biggest powdercoating company in the Philippines btw you can see the quality. Finish is semi gloss. Regards..

That's a far better finish than mine for sure  :)  I'm looking for a local powder coating company,  I'll let you know the prices when I have them.

Now where's that 1200grit  :-*

Trophyhunter49

:D :D Not a thing  ;D ;D Benn deer huntin out the back door LOL Have done shot one already out the back door. I just sit there and drink coffee , watch TV and hunt all at the same time LOL ;)

bgmcgee

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on November 17, 2013, 02:48:52 AM
:D :D Not a thing  ;D ;D Benn deer huntin out the back door LOL Have done shot one already out the back door. I just sit there and drink coffee , watch TV and hunt all at the same time LOL ;)
Now that's my lind of hunting.  All you need is someone y o clean and wrap the kill for ya now that would be awesome.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BigErn

Just finished my 2240... Again  ;D ;D ;D

KevinP

Quote from: BigErn on November 17, 2013, 05:44:22 AM
Just finished my 2240... Again  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D  ... what did you do to it this time ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

BigErn

Quote from: KevinP on November 17, 2013, 09:48:46 AM
;D ;D  ... what did you do to it this time ?

Lots of work Kevin!

. New 3x9 AO scope
. BKL solid mount
. SS bolts all around
. Custom AIR17 forearm
. Magpul 5" rail
. UTG 1" riser
. UTG bi pod
. Walther flashlight
. 2260 main tube
. Polished TKO brake
. Polished Crosman bolt
. Mellon SS bolt handle
. Bedliner on all plastics

Pics coming soon! I will call this one "The Crow"

KevinP

Quote from: BigErn on November 17, 2013, 03:23:36 PM
Lots of work Kevin!

Pics coming soon! I will call this one "The Crow"

I guess you did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

targettgii

That sounds real nice can't wait to see the pic's. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Tater

Yeah! That sounds great Big E.   

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

vertguy

Finally wrapped up a weekend of dealing with a new dropped ceiling being installed in the shooting range (I mean basement) and was able to install the 5 inch TKO and Mac1 extended bolt handle on my 2400KT. Both made a huge difference :-*

Also trying out the new portable shooting bench from Cabela's for the first time, which was worth every $$ of the minimal investment ($80). Now it is time to see how tight of groups I can get out of the 2400KT.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

BigErn

Did the finishing touches on the 2240, it's ready for testing now  :-*

mudduck48

OMG, that started out a $49 2240? Now look at it!!! :-\ :-\ What a nice build!!!
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

KevinP

Quote from: BigErn on November 20, 2013, 03:28:00 AM
Did the finishing touches on the 2240, it's ready for testing now  :-*

:o holy crap   :o   :-\  nice   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York