What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

crossliner

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 15, 2014, 03:52:41 PM

Could be a matter of barrel harmonics in which a weighted device on the end enhances accuracy. Your description sort of confirms this may be the case. I have read on other forums that several people have opened up the barrel band to free float the barrel and claim enhanced accuracy. I have not done this as I see no reason since my gun shoots very well.

That may be true sir or maybe it is shooting too hot so when suppressed it kind of gets regulated I really don't know..My friend in Manila also has the same results on his HW100..His prefers the Weirauch MB over the MWSS though as he was able to buy both "attachments" from me..

The foibles of them pcp's is mind boggling..

Regards.

crossliner

I replace the OEM muzzle cap w/ a stainless one, the face is concave..The orig one is alum and anodized and I do not want it to get scratched..

Also a stainless male/male "muzzlebrake" adapter..

With the Hatsan w/ ss cone installed ( the orig cone is brass w/c I do not like as it does not conform w/ my S5's color theme) the accuracy is the same but it looks cooler and the crack is sharper  :-*

With the MWSS all delrin "muzzlebrakes" it is much accurate because recoil becomes almost non existent..Yesterday I was able to put 7 pellets inside a 3/4" target @ 100 meters no BS..I used sorted, weighed and resized AA 16g..This is my 100 meter gun btw  :-*

Tater

That is a sweet shooter sir. Sounds very accurate too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Thanks sir and yes it is very accurate but I still have to determine its sweetest spot..I sort, weigh and sometimes resize my pellets..It likes resized AA 16s..

crossliner

I disasembled my AA and cleaned and polished its hammer, hammer guide and spring..Okay gents I had the hammer polished by a plater because I was not contented..

The hammer is really dirty and blemished..

The hammer is now clean and shiny but just so so and not up to my standards..

Post polish by the plater guy..Now it's crossliner shiny lol!

crossliner

Now for more bling..The AA's bolts are just black oxide type..I bought ss ones but had them lathed because they look ugly w/ all those serrations and inscriptions..Had them polished too that even their innards are shiny..

The ones on the right are the unfinished ones they look like ogres..

OEM stock washer on the left..It is just zinc plated..I had an ss one made w/c is wider and conforms to the stock's bolt hole..

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BigErn

Wow Crossliner that is some serious bling detail action, love it!!!!

crossliner

sshewins

Have to break out the sunglasses before you go shooting, don't you. Looks blinding. Lol     8)
Scott

Finally... Got me a crosman bug out 2289

bgmcgee

Well Mr.C.you do know how to make it shiny.  Very nice sir.  :-*
As for me I just mounted the new mamba lite on a bkl adjustable one piece mount. Going out to my brothers gravel plant tomorrow to play for awhile. He and one of his co-workers are shooters so it should be fun.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

DBOdude

you folks sure do some nice work  :-*
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

crossliner

Gracias again gents  :-*

Mr. Barry perfect combo and you will like that MTC scope..The SCB reticle is really great and the glass is also very decent..I sold my Viper though because it was too heavy and large.

crossliner

Gracias again gents  :-*

Mr. Barry perfect combo and you will like that MTC scope..The SCB reticle is really great and the glass is also very decent..I sold my Viper though because it was too heavy and large.

ettolo

Mounted the 'signed' pump arm made to match my grips  :)