• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Dots (yes, two of them) on the same gun. WTH?

Started by Davio, November 04, 2012, 04:08:58 PM

Davio

I do most of my shooting in the late afternoons when the sun is on the other side of the house and the shadows are getting longer.  Most of this is at 5 and 10 meters with a red dot on the 2300 or a red laser on the two tone black and brushed steel 2240. 

Recently (last Thursday I believe) I got another compact laser that I installed on the same rail as the UTG red/green dot sight.  I already had the UTG tuned in, so when I added the red laser, I just dialed it over to and almost on top of the UTG dot in the sight. Boy that was easy!

Now I will admit I was half expecting that when the red of the laser and the green of the UTG converged that I might get a blue dot, but that was not to be (one is real light and the other is latent, so they never actually blend the two colors).  :( Anyway, I left it like that (why not?) and have now used it several times and find that I like it for a couple of reasons.

One, if either of them get knocked out of whack I will immediately know it.  Not which one, but for certain one or the other... kind of a redundancy check kinda sorta.  The other is that I find myself (with both eyes open) going back and forth with my eye dominance (which eye I am letting my brain give more attention to). In my case, right eye through the dot sight both are visible... left eye outside the dot optics and it is just the laser. I sense that I am doing that, but it doesn't hurt a thing because both of the dots are at the same place.

So what does this mean?  Are my groupings tighter at all?  Why HELL no!  ;D I guess the only practical thing is now I have two things telling me it's me that needs to hold still, breathe right and not jerk the trigger so.

Good times, anyway.  :)     
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

1377x

i think thats the most loaded down breech i have seen
an open sight,adapter,red dot and laser ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

PC77

Pretty cool you know a man can not have to many gadgets.  :-*
pc

tnpaw

All she need's to be complete is a nice flashlight!  :-*

Tater

Quote from: tnpaw on November 04, 2012, 06:09:58 PM
All she need's to be complete is a nice flashlight!  :-*

Oh, and a swiis army knife, a GPS and a compass in case if battery failure.   ;)
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs