• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2250xe to pcp conversion

Started by cohiba, November 07, 2012, 12:52:46 AM

cohiba

So i have been reading the conversion ideas in the tech forum.

Curious if anyone knows the length of the discovery air tube?

Im going to move forward with this conversion, my stock barrel is 18 inches, but dont know about the tube assembly of the disco, want to put a tape to it tonight and visualize the set up.

Yall been great to me, many thanks!!!!

This hobby isnt cheap anymore    lol

1377x

iirc its 25"
Quote from: cohiba on November 07, 2012, 12:52:46 AM
So i have been reading the conversion ideas in the tech forum.

Curious if anyone knows the length of the discovery air tube?

Im going to move forward with this conversion, my stock barrel is 18 inches, but dont know about the tube assembly of the disco, want to put a tape to it tonight and visualize the set up.

Yall been great to me, many thanks!!!!

This hobby isnt cheap anymore    lol
closed mouths dont get fed

cohiba

thanks for the length!!!

Anyone know if the forearm will still fit, or what i need to buy to make it work?

I love this 2250xe outdoorsman set up. Crosman custom wood skeleton stock and forearm...........just want to kick it up a notch!

cohiba

What about using a P ROd tube????

Wouldnt that work as well? Seems like it would be a shorter version of what im trying to do.....Right?

woody67

Oooooooh......if you use a p-rod tube for the shorter length, you will soon be able to add a second tube underneath to double your shot count....wont add length to the gun..

P rod double by lloyd s
Cant wait for mine!

1377x

plus the p-rod tube uses a different valve and retention system
you can get complete discos for $150-$200 about the same price its going to cost for just the parts you need for the conversion

woody67

...then you can sell the parts you have left over to make some money back...

1377x

Quote from: woody67 on November 07, 2012, 03:22:58 AM
...then you can sell the parts you have left over to make some money back...
:-*

cohiba

Quote from: 1377x on November 07, 2012, 02:45:05 AM
plus the p-rod tube uses a different valve and retention system
you can get complete discos for $150-$200 about the same price its going to cost for just the parts you need for the conversion

So does this mean it wont fit? Im not sure what you mean by the retention system. Also if i didnt want to use the pressure gauge assembly and go off my scuba tank gauge how would i plug that hole? On either a discovery tube or p rod tube?

ped

just use an 1/8npt blanking plug instead of the gauge
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

tinker

The breech on the Prod is mounted with 4 screws. As 1377X said it'll be a pile of stuff to get.  Go with the Disco parts.  I think B&A sells cut and re-threaded air tubes if you need a specific shortened length.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

1377x

Quote from: ped on November 08, 2012, 01:31:20 AM
just use an 1/8npt blanking plug instead of the gauge
ped
that and use a p-rod gauge block it has the correct 1/8"npt threading.the disco gauge block has 1/27" threading the gauge adapter has 1/27 for the gauge block sid and 1/28 for the gauge side

Quote from: tinker on November 08, 2012, 04:31:13 AM
The breech on the Prod is mounted with 4 screws. As 1377X said it'll be a pile of stuff to get.  Go with the Disco parts.  I think B&A sells cut and re-threaded air tubes if you need a specific shortened length.

Glen

cshooter

Quote from: 1377x on November 07, 2012, 12:53:53 AM
iirc its 25"

wait wait wait, do You mean that I can replace air tube on my 22xx with disco tube and valve and my other parts like breech and handle with trigger group fit?

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JEBert

This got me to thinking, yea, I know...  can mean trouble.
Is the Disco breech the same as the 2240/1377 steel breech?  The part number in the Disco EVP 1761-019 BREECH.  Has anyone ordered one and installed it in place of the plastic breech?
Thanks,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)