• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 pumping action

Started by josey88, November 07, 2012, 01:12:54 AM

josey88

Ok... my 1377 makes a kind of creaky sound when pumping , at the end of the pump movement , right before closing the fore grip against the tube . I think is the friction of the piston , so I put a couple of drops of Pneumatic oil on it but the thing keeps creaking . Is that normal ?  The gun works ok and fires well, with no issues ... I am just curious as to if this is normal . There is also a little bit of play on the pumping mechanism , right on the big pin at the end of the barrel . It is not the pin which is hold tight but on the pumping lever the the pin holds ... if I open the lever to pump and I move it slightly sideways , there is play . Can I insert a washer of some kind to eliminate that ?  I wouild like to get the pumping lever to just move up and down with precision , with no sideways play , if possible ... Thanks

1377x

its the check valve making the noise
try a different check valve.cleaning it doesnt do any good you can try to mod it but cant say if thats going to change anything
its one of those weird things that happens some do it most dont
closed mouths dont get fed

woody67

Or loosen the piston setting up a bit.  That took some of the creak out of mine...just dont over loosen it!

breakfastchef

If the pistol shoots well, ignore the noise. As 1377x stated, he had this problem and the check valve caused the noise, possibly from a slightly out of spec part or the way it seated against the valve spring. I have had a variety of squeaks; some pass while others are chronic.

As to your pump arm wiggle, that is common. Some have had some improvement by slightly bending the two tangs at the end of the pump are with the holes for the roll pin. A very good idea would be to order a replacement pump arm pin from Mellonair. Why? Well, first, he supplies a washer that fits betwen those tangs to help reduce the wobble, and second, removing the pin is 1000x easier than banging a roll pin. Probably would be the best $8 you spend on the gun.
Larry

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: breakfastchef on November 07, 2012, 03:58:51 AM
If the pistol shoots well, ignore the noise. As 1377x stated, he had this problem and the check valve caused the noise, possibly from a slightly out of spec part or the way it seated against the valve spring. I have had a variety of squeaks; some pass while others are chronic.

As to your pump arm wiggle, that is common. Some have had some improvement by slightly bending the two tangs at the end of the pump are with the holes for the roll pin. A very good idea would be to order a replacement pump arm pin from Mellonair. Why? Well, first, he supplies a washer that fits betwen those tangs to help reduce the wobble, and second, removing the pin is 1000x easier than banging a roll pin. Probably would be the best $8 you spend on the gun.
X1

josey88

That is an absolute brilliant idea ... I will be ordering the solid piston , washer and  bushing in 10 minutes , Thanks so much

Noah

TOTALLY!!!
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

jSan22

all the 1377's ive owned have made that sound. no noticeable issues.

josey88

I just ordered the solid pin kit  with Charlie by Paypal . Any idea of how long waiting time will be ?  he seems pretty busy .
I will forget about the noise ... no biggie . The wiggle at the end of the pump arm , however , it bothers me . Hopefully the kit from MellonAir will solve the problem .
I have to give this Forum a high mark , guys ... Tremendous help , great advice and tons of information ... I am glad to join with such good company .

Trophyhunter49

If he has them in stock,may3weeks . That was for mine If not 3 to 6 weeks ??? Hard to say. Just forget about them and one bam they are here  LOL

He is now working on orders in the order they were received.  Today he is working on 16 September.
Stranded in California.

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: 7624452 on November 07, 2012, 10:15:09 PM
He is now working on orders in the order they were received.  Today he is working on 16 September.
Have you been in contact with him?

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on November 08, 2012, 12:03:08 AM
   Have you been in contact with him?
No, I got all the information from his web site.
Stranded in California.

Trophyhunter49

I know when I ordered my flat top piston and pin kit ,he had the same thing on there . Got mine in about 3 week! ???

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on November 08, 2012, 12:27:46 AM
I know when I ordered my flat top piston and pin kit ,he had the same thing on there . Got mine in about 3 week! ???
I got my first order (Jul '12) in 3 weeks.  Starting 23 Sep '12, I made six orders.  I received order #5 (barrel) almost immediately.  When I looked on his web site he posted that he had no more barrels and was now filling orders in order of receipt, and he posts what day he is currently working on.  I hope he gets to my orders before he gives up and takes a vacation.
Stranded in California.